Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

central pa shops?

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 12:52 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by demonspeed
My fiance and I are looking at homes and I'd like to get an older truck. My favorite are the 01/02 HD's, but I can't afford a diesel at the moment. I also want to be able to tow whatever car I get with it. Have you hauled your car with it yet?
Who says you need a diesel to tow?

8.1 liters of GM goodness with the allison behind it.. great combo.
Old 05-03-2009, 04:23 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Eskimo
Who says you need a diesel to tow?

8.1 liters of GM goodness with the allison behind it.. great combo.
No one said it, but who wouldn't want 1000ftlbs of torque?
Old 05-03-2009, 05:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah i have the 6.0 I figured that would be all I need, better gas mileage as it will be my DD and can still tow my T/A without much problems. I have no towed the T/A yet as I don't have $$ for a trailer and keep spending money on my car. I love my truck I held out for this particular one and it is decent on mileage.

Yeah stinks you didn't get to race that thing, I hope you get an F-body soon and can have fun in it. I will be a senior next year so it will be my last year up here. They were talking about moving their racing to PRP instead of BSD just not enough time. My car won't be up here much more but will see what happens might bring it up for a few track weekends or something.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:10 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

How is gas mileage with the truck anyway? What tranny is in it?

I am going to be very particular and specific with my next car. Since we are buying a house, I am going to have to skip the 5th gen and get another 4th gen. That is fine with me since I never got to build either of the ones I had to my liking.

My requirements are:
Z28
Red
M6
T-tops
Black interior
I'd prefer cloth, but that is not a deal breaker. I don't need TCS, either. I'd also like it to be stock. I'm not too picky with the miles, it just has to be well maintained.

The reason I'm so specific is because I'm keeping this one forever (or at least, I plan on it). If anyone may have a lead on one that fits this description, I'd appreciate it.
Old 05-04-2009, 02:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gas mileage is probably roughly the same as the T/A not sure I hate calculating it, it hurts to look at haha. I believe it's the 4L80E 4-speed, dont think this got the allison i'd have to check though. I was very particular with my choice as well, i got exactly what I wanted in both of my cars.

I am not big on Z28's, i like the SS's better and Red seems to be the new cool things, i really like black ones better though haha. Cloth?? EWWWWW haha. I plan on having mine forever as well, just keep replacing the motor and other things. Mikey is selling his, it's not an M6 or Z28 but meets the rest of your requirements haha.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:16 PM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

I wanted a black SS for the longest time, but everyone and their brother has one. It was also cemented when Jerry from UMI replaced "my" white SS (that he totaled) with a black SS. I will get a SS, but it'll be a 5th gen.

The biggest reason for the Z28 is that I want to build something unique. Since it's a very clean slate, I can do whatever I want with the hood, wing, wheels, etc to make it "custom". SS's and WS6's are difficult to change because it totally ruins what makes them a WS6 or SS.

I want red because I've never had a red car. I also have this weird OCD thing about Chevrolet Z-cars being red. I want cloth because it's cheaper and I will be replacing the seats anyway. Basically, everything I would get with a SS would be replaced, so there is absolutely no reason to go that route. Futhermore, I like that it'll be just a Z28