Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Going Green!

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 06:17 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks fellas.

Just returned from a 30 mile drive with the Monster Stage 3 and all I can say is holy low pedal... LoL I am certainly not used to the pedal grabbing so low but I will be used to it in no time.

So far almost no chatter, I felt it once or twice but very slight compared to my last clutch.
Pedal stiffness is not what I was expecting at all.... they say it's 7-10% stiffer than stock... I don't know about that, I think it feels like a stock clutch!!
Right now it's not a huge fan of reverse.... it's pretty grabby and with the GTO drivetrain slop it likes to buck, but with a little more slip it's fine.
Overall the clutch is pretty grabby/on-off right now because I am not trying to slip it a lot but it feels as though you can slip it like a mad-man for a perfect street tire launch.... but I won't be doing any of that street tire racing once it's broken in.... Full slicks or ET Streets for me!! Cannot wait to get back to the track now, shifts should even be faster!!

Thanks SlowHawk for getting me the parts so quick and Thanks Monster Clutch as well...
Old 06-06-2009, 07:07 AM

Sounds good! I'm not a fan of low pedals, but I'm more concerned with the clutch holding up to the launches
Old 06-06-2009, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

very nice. I just dropped the trans in my camaro last night. Now I'm waiting for fed ex to delivery the goods today so I can start the install.
Old 06-06-2009, 09:27 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Speedy0009
Thanks fellas.

Just returned from a 30 mile drive with the Monster Stage 3 and all I can say is holy low pedal... LoL I am certainly not used to the pedal grabbing so low but I will be used to it in no time.

So far almost no chatter, I felt it once or twice but very slight compared to my last clutch.
Pedal stiffness is not what I was expecting at all.... they say it's 7-10% stiffer than stock... I don't know about that, I think it feels like a stock clutch!!
Right now it's not a huge fan of reverse.... it's pretty grabby and with the GTO drivetrain slop it likes to buck, but with a little more slip it's fine.
Overall the clutch is pretty grabby/on-off right now because I am not trying to slip it a lot but it feels as though you can slip it like a mad-man for a perfect street tire launch.... but I won't be doing any of that street tire racing once it's broken in.... Full slicks or ET Streets for me!! Cannot wait to get back to the track now, shifts should even be faster!!

Thanks SlowHawk for getting me the parts so quick and Thanks Monster Clutch as well...
Sound like you have some air in the lines as our pedals engage at the factory location, keep us posted as you drive the car, if the pedal starts to engage higher it is a sign that there was some air.

Keep us posted!
Old 06-06-2009, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by SNLPerformance
our pedals engage at the factory location
Definitely good to know!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I went green today too: