Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Transformers 2: Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2009, 06:22 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Transformers 2: Spoilers

I really don't know what some critics are complaining about but I really liked the movie.

People first ask if it was "better" then the 1st one, and I say Trans 2 stands on it's own two feet and I liked it very much. You like both movies for their individual qualities.

There was definitly more adult humor, swearing, and provocitive shots of some of the female leads and some supporting women. But I think it needed that little more umph.

I teared up near the end and I think for any movie to move you that much emotionally has something to say.

We will definitly be seeing this movie again, that is for certain. My wife was very adamant that we see it yesterday and I am glad I did, I have a feeling it will be packed this weekend.

If I were to have a complaint was that there were some new transformers on both sides but near the end, they just didnt develop them well enough and Megatron didn't have that feeling that he was the baddest *** on the planet, even before Optimus got his "upgrade"

to rate it I would say

9.2 out of 10

Thoughts, opinions?
Old 06-25-2009, 11:14 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Saw it yesterday too and I agree, nice movie. Not as "kiddy" friendly as the 1st, but my kids are old enough to understand anyway.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:17 AM
Staging Lane

I still have to see the first one! Don't go to the movies often.
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
Staging Lane

It was OK could have been a little shorter in lenth but overall a good movie.....
Old 06-25-2009, 11:19 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rdm85mcss
I still have to see the first one! Don't go to the movies often.
is it cold under that rock?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:18 PM
12 Second Club

It was pretty good. The bumble bee Camaro is so sexy in the movie.
Old 06-25-2009, 03:06 PM
On The Tree

I went with my GF and she was the one that wanted to go see it... I loved it alot better than the 1st one....

Also did anyone else notice that Bumblebee had a different Hood?? Now is that a new concept for the camaro or what...

And what did everyone think of the new Corvette Stingray Concept i think that car is just flat out sexy

Now im 19 so maybe this is just mee butt....
Did anyone else think in the beginning when megan fox was Hunched over the Bike and talking about working on bikes was one of the hottest things ever... I just was like WOW and it kind of said it out loud and my GF heard it but o well.. She was so hot in that sceen well in the whole movie..
There is a picture of it from the Movie half way down
http://screenrant.com/shia-labeouf-m...s-pauly-11606/
Old 06-25-2009, 03:59 PM
TECH Addict

I'm probaly one of if not the biggest transformers fans on this board if not the biggest. I have all my old toys several unopened toys,can name any transformer from 84-90 etc.
I seen the movie yesterday and thought it needed more ummph also. The opening sequence and the fight between Optimus Prime and 3 decepticons was great. Other than that the humor and other scenes were good/funny.
I thought the storyline with the 7 primes/matrix and the Fallen was whack. Maybe just because I'm a old schooler. I also thought that it wasn't enough of a emphasis put on the newer autobots and decepticons. Especially Sideswipe the stingray Corvette All in All a good movie that somewhat lived up to the hype.
Old 06-25-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Frostbitten09
Also did anyone else notice that Bumblebee had a different Hood?? Now is that a new concept for the camaro or what..[/url]
THat is what several sources and even GM said the Z28 model would/could look like. It wasn't just the hood,it's the front clip including the foglamps. If this car gets produced it would have the same motor as the C6Z06/CTS-V
Old 06-25-2009, 04:08 PM
Teching In

this movie sucked. there was no plot, characters were not developed. the end action scene was stretched out way too long. really, who wants to see a bunch of robots fight for 45 minutes straight...maybe a 9 year old would be entertained by this...but not me.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:41 AM
Teching In

As an 80's kid and a fan of the first Bay Transformers, I thought this movie was complete dogshit. It had three cool parts - the beginning, the forest battle, and the Super Prime ending. The two ghetto bots were horrendous. The plot was incomprehensible. The logic leaps, even for a Bay popcorn summer flick, were utterly stupid. Too many lame humping, farting, ***** jokes. Sideswipe, the Corvette concept, is mostly wasted.

With GI Joe looking like a steaming pile, this summer might have peaked early with Star Trek.
Old 06-26-2009, 11:51 AM
Launching!

i am going tonight to see it i saw it on bootleg already and it seemed ok but wife wants to see it in the movies i hope its better then i am hearing!
Old 06-26-2009, 12:16 PM
Teching In

Movies are supposed to bring people to the theatre, not remake your old cartoons EXACTLY as you remember them. i thought it was a bad *** movie... as far as sexiness goes, that corvette concept car was the sweetest ride I've laid my eyes on in some time.
Old 06-26-2009, 02:00 PM
On The Tree

i think the movie was awesome. Maybe its because i like seeing michael bay have everything explode, but i really liked the movie. What really made the movie, was all of megan fox's slow motion running. That was just great.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:19 PM
TECH Regular

I thought the movie was pretty good. I went to the theater with the best sound in the area and it was incredible.....

Cant wait for the next one
Old 06-26-2009, 10:34 PM
Launching!

well watching it in the movies and watching on bootleg big difference i enjoyed it not as good as the first one but it was bad *** that vette was SWEET!! and even the chick that that was the robot was sexy too..lol
Old 06-27-2009, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Yea I forgot the robot chick had me shaking my head also.. horrible
Old 06-27-2009, 11:38 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CJDZ24_Z28
Yea I forgot the robot chick had me shaking my head also.. horrible
that dorm room scene was off the chain...untill that whole robot under the sexy skin crap came about..lol.

saw it last nite...it was ok. Should've been more about the actual Transformers than it was. all the auto-bots barely had any scenes, except for the twins, they were pretty funny. I would've loved to have seen more of Soundwave but that didnt happen. Devestator was pretty sweet and they tried to stay true to form with all the constructacons.

its hard to say that it topped the first one cause that was just awsome...its close but the first one is still better IMO. over all good flick...not great but ill definetly be seein the 3rd.