Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2009, 08:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

That poor car lol
Old 07-23-2009, 07:28 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Don, do you guys have any plan to do the torque tube and IRS up front? I know that often snaps when you start hooking.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good job guys. Looking forward to some results.

before you know it this car will out ET the old one with half the power.
Old 07-23-2009, 10:33 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for posting an update Don. I'm in maine for a cople days and having a hard time getting a connection.
Yep, thats what I'm hoping with the auto at the tracK, half the HP and even better ET's.
I couldnt believe how slow a stock vette is.
Next year knowing me i'll prob put the D1 back on.
Cant wait to see what it can do at the track hoping for high tens low 11's
Old 07-23-2009, 10:48 AM
11 Second Club

you will certainly hit your goals I think.

well going from a c5r/d1 car, to a stock 346, I can imagine it feels slow lol.
As the story goes, my car feels slow too but for now there isn't much I can do about that, soon enough.

You'll enjoy this car Brent, it should move out good, may even impress you what a nice H/C ls1 is capable of, plus once you start ripping down some nice 60' ft's you may never go back to a m6 car.
Old 07-23-2009, 11:41 AM
TECH Junkie

Is this what we have tolook forward to when we get to Don's and Brent's age we all have to change to Broadomatics lmao!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by My84Z
Is this what we have tolook forward to when we get to Don's and Brent's age we all have to change to Broadomatics lmao!
You die-hard stick guys never learn...even after getting your *** handed to you about 99% of the time by the automatic cars at the track... WJ
Old 07-23-2009, 12:22 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
You die-hard stick guys never learn...even after getting your *** handed to you about 99% of the time by the automatic cars at the track... WJ
Your oppinion would be valid if I cared about the track lmao however I don't I go to the track a handful of times a year and I care about enjoyment more however I was just busting *****. One day when my car is fast enough it'll get a glide until then I enjoy it!
Old 07-23-2009, 12:23 PM
Teching In

You die-hard stick guys never learn...even after getting your *** handed to you about 90% of the time by the automatic cars at the track... WJ
That was biggest mistake buying the vette with a manual and trying to run it at the track. I loved the manual on the street but more than willing to give it up for track. Youre so right warren.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Also for what it is worth havn't had my *** handed to me yet but an auto guy with similar mods.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:24 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Brentc5R
That was biggest mistake buying the vette with a manual and trying to run it at the track. I loved the manual on the street but more than willing to give it up for track. Youre so right warren.
In the words of drunk Brent **** you scum bag lmao!!! You're just getting old ahhahahaha
Old 07-23-2009, 12:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Also for what it is worth havn't had my *** handed to me yet but an auto guy with similar mods.
How many auto LS1 cars w/similar mods have you run and beaten AT THE TRACK w/your stick car? Not talking about "boulevard racing" either.... Just wondering... WJ
Old 07-23-2009, 12:39 PM

It really depends on what you want the car for. On the track, Auto is the way to go, no doubt. Street, Manual is fun & from a roll better in a street race. Just my opinion. I know why Brent went Auto, and the car will be exactly what he wants.
Old 07-23-2009, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

How many auto LS1 cars w/similar mods have you run and beaten AT THE TRACK w/your stick car? Not talking about "boulevard racing" either.... Just wondering... WJ
I dunno why you need this to be a debate but maybe 1 since the cam with bolt ons quite a few and if I remember correctly we were both at lvd one time you were running 12.6 or so and I ran 12.3 that day difference was I had headers you had stock manifolds other then that we had about the same bolt ons so 3 tenths for headers is about right.
Old 07-23-2009, 01:21 PM
11 Second Club

LOL

Even I'll admit the manual makes for a funner street car. But the auto wins races. I'd personally like to have both at some point.

stalled autos are like driving snow mobiles on the street, but when you punch em' outta the hole it'll pull you like a freight train.

Both are still fun, even funner is somebody who doesn't know their *** from their elbow and they see an auto, laugh and say it's slow and then you blow their doors off.

It's all in good fun, I know plenty of guys who can row like they were born doing it and can hold their own, whatever makes you happy.

If you want a consistant track car, it's a no brainer.
Old 07-23-2009, 03:25 PM
12 Second Club

IMO a man needs both. a stick for the street and a stalled auto for the track.
Old 07-23-2009, 04:03 PM
TECH Junkie

I dunno why you need this to be a debate but maybe 1 since the cam with bolt ons quite a few and if I remember correctly we were both at lvd one time you were running 12.6 or so and I ran 12.3 that day difference was I had headers you had stock manifolds other then that we had about the same bolt ons so 3 tenths for headers is about right.
No debate here....That's why they have Stock and Stock/Automatic and Super Stock and Super Stock/Automatic classes at the track. To each their own, but from quite a bit of experience, or as you call it "getting old" I've gotten way more win lights w/ automatic race cars, although I was pretty successful w/ my old '99 M6 car. I just find the auto cars way more consistent, with WAY less breakage. Best wishes. WJ
Old 07-23-2009, 09:06 PM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

It's like going back and forth with Ford/Chevy. The only people who truly argue about one being better than the other are grown up children, any real person doesnt give two sh*ts what someone else is driving as long as they're happy in their car.

I had both....I would miss the standard when I had my auto; like 1 out of every 50 times I had the auto out. The feeling of a stall slipping as you get on it heavier and heavier knowing there is more coming when it locks up then having it lock up and listen to the motor ring itself out before banging another gear is pretty addicting. Or stomping it and seeing it wind up to 4k before it launches you like a sling shot can give your heart a little giddy up. A big stall will put you back in the seat and hold you there. It's a different animal all together and I liked it more than the standard.....alot of people dont but I dont really care, I drive (well drove) my car and they drive theirs.

I like how I could stomp my car, lay rubber, let off, stomp it again, lay another strip, let off and stomp it and lay rubber as I wanted. Ahhh the fun days. Now I find an open stretch of highway and wind out a 600cc motor to 16,000 rpm and finish my hail mary at the speedo goes from 70 to 160 mph way faster then it should. Something about speed on a 385 pound bicycle, creepy and fun at the same time.......like banging a hooker from Mattaphan without a rubber! weeeeeeeeee let's see what happens.

I miss the car but it's either a 7 year old f-body or a new Camaro that hasnt really grown on me.....at all. The only route to go is a Corvette and I dont have a garage. Might as well live through you guys!
Old 07-24-2009, 07:23 AM
TECH Junkie

Joe, are you slamming down those foreign beers again?? ....well said though. Best wishes. Buy American. Put a end to fart pipe jamborees. WJ
Old 07-24-2009, 07:59 AM
TECH Regular

Guys if all autos are faster then why does prostock run stick cars???? but having the stick cars and all supporting mods to make it fast at the track... and i would run a 6 speed but cant afford to do it right so why bother then... autos are easier not faster..