Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Cecil on 9/2

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2009 | 02:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dschmittie1
Well not sure that I will be able to make it to the car show. Just got home drove my car around the block to survey the tranny damage. Parked the car in the garage, ran the shifter through the gears and now it will NOT come out of 4th. So I can't even back the car out of the garage.

I will try and post up the videos tonight but I think I will be yanking the trans out of the car

most likely you broke the cheesy plastic slider bushings...
Old 09-03-2009 | 05:08 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Fireball
most likely you broke the cheesy plastic slider bushings...
maybe well I did manage to get it back out of gear. So I will wait to pull it from the car till after Mondays car show. I can make it the 1/2 miles up the road to the car show using only 1st and 2nd
Old 09-03-2009 | 05:38 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1slo_camaro
damnit i was to busy throwing a driveshaft in someones car *Cough* *Cough* to watch much racing. lmao no pun intended matt. dscmitittie and yelofevr pretty good guys. i ran into a lot of people i didnt realize i knew hahaha and saw alot of cars ive seen on here but never had a chance to meet them. hopefully ill be able to come out next week
Haha I was more then capable of putting it in, you got all kinds of motivated on me and got to work. I'm pissed we missed a lot of people running though.
Old 09-03-2009 | 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

From: Born/Raised North East, MD Lived in VA, NC, MI Back in Yorktown, Va

hahaha nah i still saw alot of runs hell i was there 30 minutes before the first run got off when dschmittie and them got there i went down and bsed with them for a lil. ehhh i get a lil excited when it comes to working on a car. i kinda enjoy it lol.