Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Pittsburgh alignment / tire shop

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pittsburgh alignment / tire shop

does anybody have any experience with any speed shops around the greater pittsburgh area that you would trust with your car? i wont name names but i let a big name chain store align my car and it has never been perfect ever since. now i got a new set of rear tires and i want it straightened up correctly. anybody have any feedback on speednation, stropes...etc...?
Old 09-08-2009, 04:15 PM
TECH Junkie

It's a hike for ya but I've always taken mine to newbie alignment in New Bethlehem. I've always been very satisfied with their work. They do work for strano's road race cars as well.
Old 09-12-2009, 06:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts

There's a great place in Natrona Heights. I can't remember the name though! My boss had me take his 2010 GT 500 up there and they took good care of the car.
Old 09-12-2009, 11:13 PM
Staging Lane

I thought Strope Speed Shop was out of business. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong. I've heard alot of negative feedback concerning them. Several people had told me that Stropes "screwed up my car." I dealt with them almost exclusively when I had my turbo LT1. I wouldn't say they screwed up my car, but I definitely thought it was an underachiever. The best thing about them was that they had a dyno. They were also much, much more expensive than the shop I deal with now. My current shop doesn't do alignments, though.
Old 09-14-2009, 11:17 AM
Teching In

Stropes is gone. I always go to Daniels off of 51