Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tax preparation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 09:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tax preparation.

New to this area and this will be the first time having my taxes done in Virginia. Back in IL I had a guy that did a great job on getting me back everything he could. I know I can go to an H&R or something like that, but they usually charge too much and don't give the best service. Does anyone "Know a guy" that does quality work without charging an arm or a leg? Or even an H&R block that knows what their doing?
Old 01-17-2010, 10:08 AM
TECH Regular

Dont go to H&R Block.I had them do my taxes just one year for me.Needed the $ same day for getting house.Was a last minute thing and they can give you like a advance on your tax return same day so I went with them.Next year I go back to joint file with me and my wife and they wanted like $600+ to do my taxes.I said F you once I found out the charge and went to a private person who did them for $60 and they found faults in the return H&R Block was about to finish and send off and I wouldve more than likely got audited.Hopefully someone can give you a guy to go to.F H&R BLOCK
Old 01-17-2010, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

I used H&R my first year in our house and I got A.R. and had to pay over 3k. I use a real acct now and usually see around 6k+ in returns. Well worth the $700 I him pay IMO(that and he also does my business return too so my personal is a little complicated). Just be sure to ask for references.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I just use turbo tax because my bank gives me the updates every year for free. It is simple to use and I have never had a problem with my filing.

-Tim
Old 01-17-2010, 01:26 PM
TECH Regular

Sorry, I forgot to put my location. It's Virginia Beach, VA. As far as price, I would like to stay Under $100.00. I used to do Turbo Tax, but I still have a house back in IL that I rent out and have a few other deductions I would like to add as well and do not want to screw that up. I do not want to pay $700.00.