Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Call of Duty: Black Ops

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2010, 02:16 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Since IW is working on MW3 I would think this should be a good hold over till next fall. Also I assume, if some of the Multiplayer options work out, they will be incorperated into MW3. Just spit ballin, but I think it would be a good wager.
really?? i was told that IW was done making COD games b/c the 2 lead designers left the company. how long ago did you see anything pertaining to MW3?
Old 11-10-2010, 02:21 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LegacyGTBiggie
I have put in a few hours since pickign it up monday night. And I am dissapointed. They had a number of good ideas that make the game play much different. But they failed to finish... They left it unpolished.

The graphics are so BS compaired to MW2.

The maps are ok but small and lack detail.

The climbing/jumping is ockward. Like how can you NOT jump up on some things and have to climb on to others. Liek they built it in exactly where they want you to be on a map.

The audio also seems a little off. Not the voice overs which are your obviously famous people... but like gun shots and explosions and ****. They all seem so... BLAND and upder developed.

I am going to give it that 80 dollar chance my wife took in buying it for me.
i agree. the audio is terrible. every gun and explosion sound the same but the explosions are just louder. i like the actually features of the game, its a great concept but the graphics and audio just kill it.ill be back on MW2 in a couple weeks b/c ill get sick of it. this game would own if the graphics matched MW2.
Old 11-10-2010, 02:31 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are some good things about he graphics. The characters are not as easy to disern from the background at they used to be. especially on certain levels of MW2, the character was always BRIGHTER and stood out. I love this because I could hold down a area or even camp in one spot and as they moved into position or were camping I could identfy them VERY easily and take a shot. Whereas in BlkOps you have then being the same saturation and brightness as the enviroment they are in(no matter how bad that is).

example being I had a spot in RUNDOWN in MW2 that I could over look the opposite side and you could just tell if something was a person because the brightness was so off and there was no doubt if that object was a person...

See everyone online tonight... Gotta get my FAL for Hardcore.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
8 Second Club

my name is the same on here if you guys wana play
Old 11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Teching In

^^^ He buys the ps3 game to play on my console, cheap ****....
Old 11-10-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Addict

Xbox user here

Just got the game. Still figuring it out

'WhiteLtng TA' is my xbox live name
Old 11-10-2010, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by x3d187
I have a few game play videos up on my youtube i'll link to if anyone is hesitant about buying and wants to see what it looks/plays like before buying.
Ok, link it. I'd like to see it. Haven't played CoD since 4, and it sounds like this one blows. I'm still playing Bad Company 2, but getting sick of it since I've been playing it since March...

BTW, PC is the superior gaming platform
Old 11-10-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Regular

BoostnLSX on Xbox
Old 11-10-2010, 10:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

bought this game pretty much only for zombies. Just beat the campaign and unlocked the "five" map. Good stuff.

Stevo-09 on PS3 for zombies!
Old 11-11-2010, 06:35 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TNTramair
really?? i was told that IW was done making COD games b/c the 2 lead designers left the company. how long ago did you see anything pertaining to MW3?
Like said, spit balling a thought. As for the series it would be in the best interest to have one out every 2 or so years.

There definitly was a tremendous fallout of the 2 top guys at IW and a good chunk of employees has left as well. One of the teams be on the Activision side (now called Sledgehammer Games) or Respawn Entertainment (West and Zampella's new company) will be producing CoD type games. Who gets the Modern Warfare franchise is up for grabs.

My thought process comes from the Fallout Franchise. Fallout 3 was developed by Bethesda Softworks who also does the Elder Scroll franchise. They made one of the best games of all time and made a evolutionary jump in that series. But due to the emense size and complexity of what they do it will take time for a new "Fallout". Well Obsidian Entertainment who created the original 2 Fallouts got a crack at the series again, but using the same game engine as Fallout 3. So now 2 years later we have another Fallout to hold us over to Fallout 4. Gives enough time for the developers to support the game, release DLC and people and fully explore the product before inevitably furthering the story and plot.

Considering how long some of these games take, we are still waiting on a new Elder Scroll Game.....
Old 11-11-2010, 07:10 AM
11 Second Club

gotcha. i hope to see MW3.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:28 AM
Internet Mechanic

gotcha. i hope to see MW3.
Me too, also, you need to get on Xbox more, I have been itching for some good MW2 action and I need some good teammates.

Last edited by BlackScreaminMachine; 11-11-2010 at 08:15 AM.
Old 11-11-2010, 07:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

game isn't too bad, I just suck at it lol.
too much playing bad company 2 (better game imo) not used to the movement of cod yet.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

I like it but think mw2 was better though. And none of my friends have this problem but I get kicked on 90% of the matches I try to join so I've just been playin campaign for now kblaze94 on xbox
Old 11-11-2010, 12:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Me too, also, you need to get on Xbox more, I have been itching for some good MW2 action and I need some good teammates.
lol...my daughter stepped on my MW2 cd for xbox and ever since then it hasnt worked so i havent been playing on xbox b/c of that. all my co-workers play and they all have Ps3 (which is a horrible system btw...absolute worst ****** Network ever) so ive been playin there with them. alot more fun when you play with people you know.
Old 11-11-2010, 12:48 PM
Internet Mechanic

lol...my daughter stepped on my MW2 cd for xbox and ever since then it hasnt worked so i havent been playing on xbox b/c of that. all my co-workers play and they all have Ps3 (which is a horrible system btw...absolute worst ****** Network ever) so ive been playin there with them. alot more fun when you play with people you know.
Thats it, time to send her to her room! PM JL-ws6 he has a copy and hates the game, he might sell it.
Old 11-11-2010, 03:06 PM
12 Second Club

getting it tonight. disc0monkey2
Old 11-11-2010, 04:53 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by X-ray
Ok, link it. I'd like to see it. Haven't played CoD since 4, and it sounds like this one blows. I'm still playing Bad Company 2, but getting sick of it since I've been playing it since March...

BTW, PC is the superior gaming platform
Here they are.

Heres a link to one of my wager matches against the euros http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqU2MFSxNww

A full TDM game
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bLI9pVwZJAI

Last edited by x3d187; 11-12-2010 at 02:17 AM.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:38 AM
11 Second Club

AK 74 ftw!!
Old 11-12-2010, 08:21 AM
Internet Mechanic

I did put MW2 back in, and man did I stink, but in Multi-player, I do tend to take risk and get out there. But fustrating when someone using a hacked controller spraying FAL ammo everywhere. It is that or Quick/hard scoping intervention people with a magical bullet.