Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Ticket for missing front plates

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 09:37 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can't believe that you have to show up in court for that.

In New Jersey, I either just paid the fine online or stopped by the court's cashier window to pay the fine. You would just be wasting time trying to explain yourself.
Old 03-25-2011, 11:15 AM
On The Tree

i painters taped mine on took a pic and borrowed a friends car for ym court date...worked out well.
Old 03-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by damon_Z
I can't believe that you have to show up in court for that.

In New Jersey, I either just paid the fine online or stopped by the court's cashier window to pay the fine. You would just be wasting time trying to explain yourself.
You don't have to show up to court for it. I chose to, since I dont have any points, and thought the fine could be reduced or dismissed; a nice gamble that payed off.

SSLeadfoot, the problem with mine is that I have a T/A, not an SS. So if you think carefully, and look there, you can tell that there's a spot for plates, even though its covered. Therefore, I cant use the same arguement.

the show-n-go is a good product. but I'm worried about two things;
1). That it (the plate) will be ripped off when I go over a high speed bump of when exiting a steep driveway
2). When I put a splitter on(planned for summer), I won't be able to use the show-n-go anymore.

Now, I'm considering just taking off the firebird logo and screwing the plates in, or just paying the fines. Hmmm, maybe when I get that 4" VFN hood it will cause such a distraction, that they won't notice that the plates arent there.
Old 03-26-2011, 05:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
You don't have to show up to court for it. I chose to, since I dont have any points, and thought the fine could be reduced or dismissed; a nice gamble that payed off.

SSLeadfoot, the problem with mine is that I have a T/A, not an SS. So if you think carefully, and look there, you can tell that there's a spot for plates, even though its covered. Therefore, I cant use the same arguement.

1). That it (the plate) will be ripped off when I go over a high speed bump of when exiting a steep driveway
2). When I put a splitter on(planned for summer), I won't be able to use the show-n-go anymore.

Now, I'm considering just taking off the firebird logo and screwing the plates in, or just paying the fines. Hmmm, maybe when I get that 4" VFN hood it will cause such a distraction, that they won't notice that the plates arent there.
Unless the law was changed in the last two years, there aren't any points
assessed for not having a plate on the front. My son got three warnings
before he was given a ticket and it was just a $60 ticket with no points.

Hell if there were points for this infraction I would have put my
plate on three years ago.
Old 03-27-2011, 09:37 AM
On The Tree

I've gotten several of these. Warnings and tickets.
It's just another reason to pull me over and search my car, I'm usually not doing any in particular....just Montgomery County police.

Last time they did it I was in bumper to bumper traffic and he was a few cars ahead of me and I guess he was bored. He ended up being a cool guy but still pulled me out to search my car...he said I was being suspicious by cutting off the motor and putting the keys on the dash
Old 03-27-2011, 12:06 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sir Harmony
With the plate in the concealed position (under the bumper) it sits about 3/4" below the bumper. It's not an issue for me having a Formula at stock height,
but even a stock height TA will put it lower than that, so it probably would hit sometimes. And yeah, if you got a splitter it would be tough to mount it.

Originally Posted by SlowestTransAm
It's just another reason to pull me over and search my car, I'm usually not doing any in particular....just Montgomery County police.

Last time they did it I was in bumper to bumper traffic and he was a few cars ahead of me and I guess he was bored. He ended up being a cool guy but still pulled me out to search my car...he said I was being suspicious by cutting off the motor and putting the keys on the dash
Wow, seriously? Isn't that something you do to be nice to cops, so they know you won't run? Kind of like turing on the dome light at night? Maybe he would rather you start rummaging through your console and keep looking back in the mirror?
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by SlowestTransAm

If this was the action of a 'cool guy', I'd love to know your definition of a jackass. Jeez, that makes no sense whatsoever.

edmanet, I know the ticket doesn't carry points, I meant that I was hoping they would dismiss it, based on the fact that my driving record is clear.
Old 03-28-2011, 02:17 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

maybe its just gotten to that point in society where doing the right thing leads them to suspect your hiding something?
Old 03-28-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 63 Likes on 52 Posts

I got tired of getting pulled over,fines etc for not having it on all my cars so I just put it on...

Quick Reply: Ticket for missing front plates