Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

help!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2011 | 05:06 PM
On The Tree

Default help!!!!

so got my car back from having d1sc installed and long tube headers with magnaflow cat back and car made 450 rwhp w some belt slip on 8 rib setup the procharger pulley size is 4.50 anyway when i drive the car with both windows down im getting alot of exhaust fumes and it smells very rich and im kinda getting a little light headed would this be cause by a bad tune?? my car is being dropped off wednesday to slowhawk for him to check things out but i dont believe i have an exhaust leak this cant be normal right ??
Old 04-09-2011 | 06:33 PM

i would guess the car is rich being untuned,BUT if you just got it back the coating on the exhaust will need to burnoff for a day or two it does smell like crap
Old 04-09-2011 | 07:16 PM
8 Second Club

Assuming you haven't had this issue before the supercharger install let me throw a few things to look at...
Has the PCV system been removed and replaced with just breathers?( This will send crankcase oders throughout the car.)
Does the car still have cats? ( If so your exhaust will smell like rotten eggs if the tune is excessively rich.)
Are you smelling the oder while moving or sitting still? ( While sitting still and without cats the exhaust can drift through the windows and will always smell rich due to the hydrocarbons and carbon monoxides not being filtered by the cats.)
Any reason during your install your exhaust system was touched?

Just a few possibilities for you to think over before Don takes a look at it...
Old 04-09-2011 | 07:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Firehawk441
Assuming you haven't had this issue before the supercharger install let me throw a few things to look at...
Has the PCV system been removed and replaced with just breathers?( This will send crankcase oders throughout the car.)
Does the car still have cats? ( If so your exhaust will smell like rotten eggs if the tune is excessively rich.)
Are you smelling the oder while moving or sitting still? ( While sitting still and without cats the exhaust can drift through the windows and will always smell rich due to the hydrocarbons and carbon monoxides not being filtered by the cats.)
Any reason during your install your exhaust system was touched?

Just a few possibilities for you to think over before Don takes a look at it...
i dont think it has been replaced but i will have to look at the pcv ..car has no cats kinda getting the odor i think mainly when sitting but during driving it seems like exhaust is getting to me i had the whole stock exhaust while this install was being done replaced with everything new long tube headers y pipe no cats and magnaflow exhaust i dont really know what to expect with a procharged car and odors etc.. i do know that i dont think i should be smelling a rich exhaust like i do but i dont know much about the tuning end of things
Old 04-09-2011 | 07:33 PM
11 Second Club

The tune must be rich or something. I dont get any fumes with the windows down. Don will get it straightened out dont worry.

Last edited by 2002_z28_m6; 04-09-2011 at 07:38 PM.
Old 04-09-2011 | 07:52 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 2002_z28_m6
The tune must be rich or something. I dont get any fumes with the windows down. Don will get it straightened out dont worry.
i sure hope so...also i thought car would make more hp at rear wheels it made 450 on dyno run it looked like belt was slipping a bit higher rpms then we re tightened but didnt want to wrench it down too much clutch might have been slipping a little also cause it wasnt broken in yet i just want the car to be running like it should w no bad fumes and more power at the rear wheels with all the mods that i have done
Old 04-09-2011 | 08:40 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 02gangsta/ss
i dont think it has been replaced but i will have to look at the pcv ..car has no cats kinda getting the odor i think mainly when sitting but during driving it seems like exhaust is getting to me

Exhaust from the tailpipe can't make a 180 degree turn and come in the side window while moving...Bad tune or not...
You may have multiple issues to address. Back track the entire install....