Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

found some oc supra vids!!!

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2011, 11:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by The Alchemist
From a first gear roll they are going to spin bad, that is unless they have a boost by gear setup. The video shows that it's not that the white supra couldn't launch from a dig, it's that he couldn't hook up at all in first or second. By the time he grabbed third at 60+ mph, he started to hook, but everyone was shutting down because it was a good 2-3 traffic lights later.

Very cool video footage though. Something about that sound is cool. Maybe because I'm so used to the sound of our NA motors, that it's something different. Who knows, but it's cool.
that is true,how often do any of us get races that are just light to light...hit the highway and open that shyt up.and if im correct i dont think the white supra had his bbg even working.but from a 1st gear roll...they (as in those guys-i do know them) dont annihilate tires like a big hp blower car (courtesy of boost by gear)...technology can be a bitch sometimes
Old 05-26-2011, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 01z0666
that is true,how often do any of us get races that are just light to light...hit the highway and open that shyt up.and if im correct i dont think the white supra had his bbg even working.but from a 1st gear roll...they (as in those guys-i do know them) dont annihilate tires like a big hp blower car (courtesy of boost by gear)...technology can be a bitch sometimes

Agreed^
Old 05-26-2011, 01:05 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Where are the cops when this is happening ? lol
Eating doughnuts and drinking coffee thankfully lol
Old 05-26-2011, 02:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

My god, It is videos like those that motivate me to get my car done. BADASS!!
Old 05-26-2011, 04:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

I got caught up with 4 of those supras. Something about supras with chutes makes me scared so I didnt play. After seeing them spin I wish I did in my lil 11 sec TA.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Best videos of O.C by far. Honestly like anyone i would play around on coastal but like someone else said id shut down by 3rd normally well before that...hitting those speeds on coastal is insane. Really with how many drunk idiots running out on the streets it's amazing nothing has happened. ...be careful out there. As cool as those videos are i would worry about putting them up on youtube like that...

But anyway this makes me want to put my car together and get out there this fall...sucks not having your own car down there.
Old 05-26-2011, 04:55 PM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by brians91formula
Where are the cops when this is happening ? lol
I'm guessing that it's a delicate balance during weekends like this. It's different than the typical 'family vacation' crowd, so you need to control the situation, but not crack down to the point that you turn away future tourism dollars.

I'm sure there are some discussions about how strict to get with the hooliganism that goes on during events like this. It's a delicate balance between mass chaos, and making it not worth coming back because they have cops at every corner writing tickets.

I'm sure it's a logistical nightmare, but the revenue dollars dictate things I'm sure. Think about it, it's a tourist town, that sells out most of the hotels in the area before memorial day weekend. The restaurants, hotels, bars etc all love it. Chances are probably good that a good amount of the people down there for the car weekend, come back during the normal summer schedule with family. So if you push those people out, it will have a big impact.

I'm not condoning a 'wild west' atmosphere, but I bet they have plenty of meetings afterwards to discuss the extent of damages and I bet they break it down like, 1. how many fatalities, 2. how many crashes, 3. how many arrests for dui. Honestly, that's probably their biggest concern, keep the drunks away from the gearheads.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:09 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Frans96SS
ALLLLL that footage and not ONE race with the yellow c6z?
Originally Posted by drone
I got caught up with 4 of those supras. Something about supras with chutes makes me scared so I didnt play. After seeing them spin I wish I did in my lil 11 sec TA.
Fastest car dont always win. I bring my knife to the gunfight all the time and try and stick someone, thats the fun part
Old 05-26-2011, 05:15 PM
10 Second Club

^^^ where in the hell is your vids????
Old 05-26-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Mike P you switched to turbo? haha
Fran did you switch to your car sometime down OC or were you riding shottie like John Gottie all weekend? Was trying to catch up with you for a ?
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

ALLLLL that footage and not ONE race with the yellow c6z?
Did the Yellow C6Z have a gas pedal installed at all that weekend? I saw he declined a race from a slow roll with Ben while I was creeping in the slow lane, even though he was saying how he would let him leave and catch right up and go by him anyway?

Like catching the elusive yellow bellied cockatootyerownhorn on tape far as I can tell. I hear it comes out second Tuesday of each week, and on Neveruary 32nd.

I pulled it down a couple gears next to him and got nothing too, thought he was there for the car show or something.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:19 PM
TECH Junkie

If your scared mutherphucker go to church (sidewayz)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6S6I7...el_video_title
Old 05-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Staging Lane

I'm glad my family wasn't in that area then.
Old 05-26-2011, 05:52 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ocshaman
I'm glad my family wasn't in that area then.
Me too...traffic already sucked bad enough.
Old 05-26-2011, 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

watching those vids makes me want to bring ol' white lightning down there. When is the fall event?
Old 05-26-2011, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Cheeks
watching those vids makes me want to bring ol' white lightning down there. When is the fall event?
Cheeks your expected down there in the fall... Cant believe you didnt come to the spring thing...
Old 05-27-2011, 07:25 AM

the fall one has less traffic.and i wanna say less cops because their season winds down.ive been going every year since i was a teen,thankfully this past wasnt as hot as it normally is.jump in for the fall one,hopefully ill have a shortblock (probably not though) so i can keep up with you fast f***ers
Old 05-28-2011, 03:50 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by grannysshifting
fran did you switch to your car sometime down oc
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha
Old 05-29-2011, 01:00 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GrannySShifting
Fran did you switch to your car sometime down OC or were you riding shottie like John Gottie all weekend? Was trying to catch up with you for a ?

My car hasnt ran in years haha

Did the Yellow C6Z have a gas pedal installed at all that weekend? I saw he declined a race from a slow roll with Ben while I was creeping in the slow lane, even though he was saying how he would let him leave and catch right up and go by him anyway?

Like catching the elusive yellow bellied cockatootyerownhorn on tape far as I can tell. I hear it comes out second Tuesday of each week, and on Neveruary 32nd.

I pulled it down a couple gears next to him and got nothing too, thought he was there for the car show or something.

You must be talking about the wrong car haha. He raced or at least tried to race every car that was next to him.
Old 05-30-2011, 08:08 AM
11 Second Club

you sure it wasnt my yellow C6Z?