Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

BEHE Performance?

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default BEHE Performance?

Has any body ever heard of this shop or dealt with them? It is located in Eldersburg, MD. My best friend just emailed me asking about them and I have never heard of them before so I was hoping to get some info on them for him and myself. It says they do import and domestic and have EFI Live for GM but if they don't have much LSx experience thats a red flag for taking my car there. My buddy has a supercharged Buick GS and a SBC swap Mazda RX7

Not sure if I can post a link to their site or not but here it is for now: [url]If that breaks the forum rules, mods feel free to delete the link.

Last edited by thechef; 08-10-2011 at 10:08 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:03 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Old 08-10-2011, 10:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Fran I'm not sure how I am supposed to take that....lol
Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sorry no links to non sponsor shops allowed....
Old 08-10-2011, 10:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

understood
Old 08-10-2011, 05:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I autoX with a guy that has both his GTO and his sons GTO done by Behe. Both cars seem really well sorted out and are both supercharged. On using a Maggie the other a vortec. The cars are fully setup with suspension as well and seem like a ver nice package.

That said, I tend to be a good bit quicker aroun the autoX then bot in my camaro. I'm making gobs less HP, buy I'm clearly lighter and have much more tire then either car. So, not sure you cam use that comarison as any sort of scientific reference.

Done in my iPhone so please forgive the spelling/typo issues.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

You have better options, enough said.
Old 11-08-2011, 03:08 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What better options? I had my car at a couple of other shops, one of them even posted on this post, and had all kind of problems. All I can say from experience is BEHE is a little higher on price but when its done its done right, and they stand behind there work 100%. By far the best tuner I have dealt with on the east coast.
Old 11-08-2011, 06:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Care to elaborate?
Old 11-08-2011, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Who???
Old 11-08-2011, 09:51 PM

What is there to elaborate on? Don't wish to get in a pissing match like Doug @ ECS had to get into, just saying he should call Behe performance and talk to them, hell even stop bye some time, and form his own opinion. I know every time I stop bye they have some amazing cars there working on or tuning, and they run an open shop policy so you can stop bye and check out what there doing at anytime. That right there says a lot. They are not a ls or GM only shop, they do a lot of Porsche and Ferrari tuning for S.C.C.A. and N.A.S.A., and a lot of tuning on pre ls GM cars and trucks. They also do a lot of tuning for some lotus racing teams in Cali. In my opinion there probably one of the best tuning shops on the east coast.
Old 11-09-2011, 10:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by littlemac 84
What is there to elaborate on? Don't wish to get in a pissing match like Doug @ ECS had to get into, just saying he should call Behe performance and talk to them, hell even stop bye some time, and form his own opinion. I know every time I stop bye they have some amazing cars there working on or tuning, and they run an open shop policy so you can stop bye and check out what there doing at anytime. That right there says a lot. They are not a ls or GM only shop, they do a lot of Porsche and Ferrari tuning for S.C.C.A. and N.A.S.A., and a lot of tuning on pre ls GM cars and trucks. They also do a lot of tuning for some lotus racing teams in Cali. In my opinion there probably one of the best tuning shops on the east coast.

Hmm new poster with zero posts.

Best tuners on east coast local to MD with LSs are Formato when he is in town and Frost. If you are in MD and don't want to travel PM Rel3rd or BAD6as.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:07 AM

Default hmmm hell.

Yes I am a new poster with zero posts so what not like that means anything. I have been dealing with ls cars and aftermarket shops sine 97 when I bought my first f-body. Go ahead and post another intelligent statement. Formato isn't local any where, hes a traveling circus and if you have a problem with one of his junk tune you have to wait a year till he comes back to the area. That sounds like a great option. Frost is probably the only other tuner I would recommend, has a great rep.
Old 11-09-2011, 11:12 AM
11 Second Club

I've lived in MD my whole life. Had Fbodys/GM **** for 10+ years. Ive never heard of behe until this year and the truck was at another shop getting retuned.

Theres a TON of site sponsors that are within 3 hrs of MD BTW
Old 11-09-2011, 12:26 PM

Default ok what ever.

All I am saying is Behe Performance has done an excellent job on my car and are a great group of people to work with. LS-ONE-DAY give them a call or stop bye and form your own opinion. If you feel comfortable with them then use them if not walk away. Every shop or sponsor on here has had people bash them and say they had horrible experiences with them or heard about this and that ect.. ect... That being said every shop or sponsor on here has there loyal fan club following with nothing but happy endings. The only info you should take in to effect and all I can give you is personal experiences, but in the end your the one who has to make the decision. On another note Behe has been around a long time, but at first all they did was work for other shops. They were the ones that other shops called on when they could not handle somthing or didn't know how to do something. It wasn't until about 2006 when they started advertising to the general person. NOTTOFAST, maybe you should do a little research before you chime in.
Old 11-09-2011, 05:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

I contacted BEHE a couple months ago when i started this thread. They told me for a header install they wanted almost $1000
Old 11-09-2011, 06:38 PM

Talking Didn't know you already called.

Seems a bit high. I would call again and ask for Ryan, tell him your a site member and the Charlie referred you. He is the one to talk to, they had a service writer they hired in the beginning of the year but had a lot of this kind of thing going on, he really didn't know about anything and ran off a lot of work for them. Like I said, call and talk to Ryan tell him Charlie sent you, he will give you the hook up.
Old 11-09-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by littlemac 84
All I am saying is Behe Performance has done an excellent job on my car and are a great group of people to work with. LS-ONE-DAY give them a call or stop bye and form your own opinion. If you feel comfortable with them then use them if not walk away. Every shop or sponsor on here has had people bash them and say they had horrible experiences with them or heard about this and that ect.. ect... That being said every shop or sponsor on here has there loyal fan club following with nothing but happy endings. The only info you should take in to effect and all I can give you is personal experiences, but in the end your the one who has to make the decision. On another note Behe has been around a long time, but at first all they did was work for other shops. They were the ones that other shops called on when they could not handle somthing or didn't know how to do something. It wasn't until about 2006 when they started advertising to the general person. NOTTOFAST, maybe you should do a little research before you chime in.
Old 11-21-2011, 09:45 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by z28ss4me
I autoX with a guy that has both his GTO and his sons GTO done by Behe. Both cars seem really well sorted out and are both supercharged. On using a Maggie the other a vortec. The cars are fully setup with suspension as well and seem like a ver nice package.

That said, I tend to be a good bit quicker aroun the autoX then bot in my camaro. I'm making gobs less HP, buy I'm clearly lighter and have much more tire then either car. So, not sure you cam use that comarison as any sort of scientific reference.

Done in my iPhone so please forgive the spelling/typo issues.
Is the dad named Bill and has a orange 06? If so i know them and they both talk highly about that shop , but thats the only place i heard about it

Btw: if thats the same guys its not a vortec its a F1 procharger

Quick Reply: BEHE Performance?