Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

MD Vanity Plate Question

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2011, 09:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default MD Vanity Plate Question

I've been thinking about getting vanity plates when I go register my Z28 on Monday, but cash is kinda tight for the next month or two. (I have the paycheck on Friday, new f-body mod on Saturday disease) I saw they raised the price to $50 a year. So does this mean I pay them $50 every year or $100 every two years when I renew?

Also to those that have them, about how long did they take to get?
Old 08-11-2011, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

When you renew your registration the extra fee is in there. It only took me a couple weeks to get mine for the cadilalc. I opted not to get them for the mustang since they raised the price.
Old 08-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2-3 Weeks but I don't really remember precisely. It wasn't a long time though. As for the cost I don't know, as I paid up front and haven't had the car long enough to renew just yet.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:41 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Did they really raise the price. Only way VA is better... one time nominal fee for vanity plates as it should be. ok it costs them a little more to custom make the plate. Why are you paying more after they have done been made years before. It doesnt cost them a penny more year to year.

I just got my Komen for the Cure plates for my mom and because they were still black on white(HATE the new 1812 tags)