Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Earthquake!

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2011, 10:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 4DRUSH
You guys are full of ****, I didn't feel a thing.
Gotta go with Jay on this one. I was working I didnt feel a dam thing. Even better was on a 10ft ladder most of the day. No sway for me. No shake just work... ******* imagination you people have. Christ sounds like most of you used it as excuse to get out of work early. Get over it you didnt die. Work harder and the little BS in life wont bother you... Christ next time the ******* ground shakes it will be a truck going by you... You will probably grab the guy next to you and start crying and hugging to get your gay side out...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Gotta go with Jay on this one. I was working I didnt feel a dam thing. Even better was on a 10ft ladder most of the day. No sway for me. No shake just work... ******* imagination you people have. Christ sounds like most of you used it as excuse to get out of work early. Get over it you didnt die. Work harder and the little BS in life wont bother you... Christ next time the ******* ground shakes it will be a truck going by you... You will probably grab the guy next to you and start crying and hugging to get your gay side out...
Old 08-23-2011, 10:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you wanna feel the same shaking get in your car and start it up.....oh wait...you cant

jk lol, it woke me up from a good sleep. It was confirmed by facebook as a 9.0 magnitude earthquake.
Old 08-23-2011, 10:40 PM
Staging Lane

yeah i was in va and had my screens fall off my desk ha
Old 08-23-2011, 10:53 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Cmon Jay. I know someone in York that felt it. I guess it depends how sensitive you are. I felt it real good but my sister across the street didnt feel a thing...
Old 08-24-2011, 12:35 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was taking a nap and missed the whole thing
Old 08-24-2011, 05:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

We had three total that we could feel in VA. The second was around 8 pm and the third around 11 pm. pretty cool. A lot of things were re-arranged in my house lol, moved several inches
Old 08-24-2011, 08:53 AM
Eastern Regional Coordinator

I was at work in Rockville MD on the 8th floor and you felt it... Kinda like a dump truck driving on the same exit ramp or pakring garage.

Now my wife was up on 18 and she said you could feel and see the building sway out of her window..

1/2 day and I dont care.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

felt it in VA beach, VA and my folks felt it in NC.

It was exciting to me. But at first i thought all the dryers in the apt were on. XD

when i saw the ceiling fan moving then i was like We cant get earthquakes, we're on the east coast.

Guess i was wrong XP
Old 08-24-2011, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

Two guys in a different building at work are sitting in adjacent cubicles. One felt it and the other didn't. Same thing happened out in the shop. Their machines are about 12 feet apart. Go figure? I guess some people are just numb from the neck down. I guess that's better than being numb from the neck up, though.
Old 08-24-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Even better was on a 10ft ladder most of the day. No sway for me. No shake just work...
Old 08-24-2011, 03:24 PM
11 Second Club

I didnt get out of work early.. Gabe thought I was screwing with him in the shop making everything shake..lol