Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

C7 Testing

Old 10-31-2013, 08:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default C7 Testing

I won't lie, this isn't my car. It belongs to one of the shops I tune for. I wasn't a fan seeing the pictures but the car up close is very nice. Very well engineered with all the functional ducts. They got the radiator right finally and the cold air intake ducts work well. Not sure what to think about the digital dash. More like a laptop screen. I guess it takes some getting used to. The entertainment system is pretty neat.

The engine is snappy and has gobs of low end torque. There is a slight tick from the DI system. Same as the Cobalt / Solstice.

Overall GM did a great job on the cars design. I'll be tuning with it in the future and will post the gains. This one did 418 / 414 SAE completely stock. This dyno is known to be a bit on the conservative side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdfg...ature=youtu.be
Old 10-31-2013, 08:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by mikey
I won't lie, this isn't my car. It belongs to one of the shops I tune for. I wasn't a fan seeing the pictures but the car up close is very nice. Very well engineered with all the functional ducts. They got the radiator right finally and the cold air intake ducts work well. Not sure what to think about the digital dash. More like a laptop screen. I guess it takes some getting used to. The entertainment system is pretty neat.

The engine is snappy and has gobs of low end torque. There is a slight tick from the DI system. Same as the Cobalt / Solstice.

Overall GM did a great job on the cars design. I'll be tuning with it in the future and will post the gains. This one did 418 / 414 SAE completely stock. This dyno is known to be a bit on the conservative side.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eUdfg...ature=youtu.be
I know LS motors always have that loud valvetrain. Adding headers and cam makes it even louder. Does the C7 have the same type of valvetrain noise?
Old 10-31-2013, 08:22 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

No not really. There is a "tick" sound that all direct injected cars make. It is very slight.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: C7 Testing