Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tailight problem?

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2014, 08:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tailight problem?

Welp here's my dilemma. If I have the headlight switch set to off and I hit the brake lights they come on. They seem rather dim IMO but I haven't seen them in 6 month.

Now if I turn the headlight switch to on and hit the brake the brake lights do not work. I have the ss spoiler light on when I hit the brakes everytime. However, my turn signals are not working either. With the headlight switch on the lights come on slowly but so dim you almost cannot tell. Also the solid green arrow is on the dash.

Fuses all look good to me. Also the rear ground seems fine. After checking the basics I'm rather stumped. Any help? Thanks guy!
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Theres a chance that your headlight switch went bad. Another problem I had in my GTA after being in storage for years, one of the headlight sockets went bad, shorting out and it threw everything for a loop. Turn signals were messed up, lights were dim... it was a pain in the *** tracking down. What year car? If its a 4th gen, I have a headlight switch you can try considering you're only the next town over. Hell I even have a 3rd gen switch but theyre from firebirds, not sure if theyre the same or not on Camaros.
Old 03-01-2014, 12:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

I figured it out. Pulled all the sockets and double checked everything. Someone previously must have had the rear ground off. There are 2 grounded in the back. Only one was installed. Found it loose laying there. Put it on it all works fine! Thanks for the insight though!

Quick Reply: Tailight problem?