Who's stoked for the Nor'easter? - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Who's stoked for the Nor'easter?

Old 03-13-2017, 06:39 PM   #1
TECH Enthusiast

Default Who's stoked for the Nor'easter?

After being burned by the last predicted snowstorms it seems this one is a can't miss at least here in Philadelphia. 10-12 inches (insert dick jokes here) is the so called last call by the National Weather Service. Schools closed already. A snowed in day or two with the family sounds good to me. Bring it on!!
hurley711 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2017, 06:44 PM   #2
12 Second Club

Yeah, not stoked at all. Although I'm sure here in VA we won't get dick anyway. Not like u up in Philly. I'm going to take a road trip to buy my next fourth gen this weekend so I really don't need any crap this weekend
gyrene2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 06:42 AM   #3
TECH Fanatic

Sucks!!! brand new car with 200 miles on it, no shot this thing is seeing the road for 2 weeks. they are saying 14-20 inches for north jersey. But woke up to only about 3-4 inches, getting into work wasn't that bad
1RawTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 07:49 AM   #4
12 Second Club

I used to get all stoked for big snow storms when my life revolved around skiing. I am fine with it as its March and I live in Maine so it comes with the territory.

I heard a joke the other day went something like blizzard warning attention all southerners stock up on bread , milk , canned goods ,toilet paper etc.. northerners your going to need your heavy coat.

I sell boats for a living nowadays and so far this year is off the charts , really been crazy since November , several manufacturers are sold out on build slots for 2017 , this storm is going to make it quiet for a week or so when we had good momentum going.

Took 3 trucks down to Massachusetts yesterday to pick up 3 used boats we bought last week to get them home ahead of the storm , having a heck of a time keeping any pre owned inventory high class problem I know but really hopeful for more spring likec weather so I can get some of what I have sold delivered so I can get paid.
murphinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 08:36 AM   #5
TECH Enthusiast

Here in Philadelphia they absolutely whiffed on the snow totals unfortunately we are getting hit with alot of sleet ice and freezing rain. Nice to know the night before that the whole family was off so slept in and had a good family breakfast.
Old 03-14-2017, 08:56 AM   #6
SRM
TECH Apprentice

Temps are going to be warmer than expected. 5-8" now down from a foot. It's a day off for my wife and I. The only thing I dread is the snow thrower clogging up from wet, heavy stuff!
SRM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 01:23 PM   #7
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRM View Post
Temps are going to be warmer than expected. 5-8" now down from a foot. It's a day off for my wife and I. The only thing I dread is the snow thrower clogging up from wet, heavy stuff!
My snow thrower didn't bog down throwing the wet slushy stuff. Considering I paid him $20 he better not bog down!
Old 03-14-2017, 01:59 PM   #8
TECH Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by murphinator View Post
I used to get all stoked for big snow storms when my life revolved around skiing. I am fine with it as its March and I live in Maine so it comes with the territory.

I heard a joke the other day went something like blizzard warning attention all southerners stock up on bread , milk , canned goods ,toilet paper etc.. northerners your going to need your heavy coat.

I sell boats for a living nowadays and so far this year is off the charts , really been crazy since November , several manufacturers are sold out on build slots for 2017 , this storm is going to make it quiet for a week or so when we had good momentum going.

Took 3 trucks down to Massachusetts yesterday to pick up 3 used boats we bought last week to get them home ahead of the storm , having a heck of a time keeping any pre owned inventory high class problem I know but really hopeful for more spring likec weather so I can get some of what I have sold delivered so I can get paid.
What kind of boats do you sell?
1RawTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 02:45 PM   #9
12 Second Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1RawTA View Post
What kind of boats do you sell?
for new boats we are a dealer for Cobalt , Four Winns , Centurion , Supreme , Wellcraft , and Misty Harbor. We also sell a lot of pre owned late model primarily fiberglass bowriders from 19-24 feet - those and v drive wakeboard/surf boats are what we are actively buying as well as pontoon boats.
Old 03-14-2017, 03:48 PM   #10
Launching!

what nor easter here in CT got about 9inches of snow now its raining
GMtechmatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2017, 04:41 PM   #11
TECH Junkie

Storm was a dud here
MonmouthCtyLS7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2017, 08:20 AM   #12
12 Second Club

we got about 18" had it all cleared off by midnight , roads should be dry by the time I go home from work.