Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fords......

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2005, 12:11 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Default Fords......

Now that i own one, I can officially say...It aint no LS1! We have such a huge mustang crowd locally, I decided to really **** them off and buy one to beat on around town and at some driving schools. Forever in the LS1 vs. Mustang argument, I feel like I just pulled the trump card. Its funny.
To make it better, this car has some serious heritage. This is a 1995/6 Pre-Production SVT Cobra...used by ford to tour and to show off the up coming 32 valve motors for the 96 Cobras. It then went on to Roush and received a Torsen T2R diff, and Tokico 5 way adjustable shock...each company using this car in their ads. It got better when it seems John Ames raced the car to win the Solo2 autocross. In the paparwork there are some receipts to Matt Ames, listing him as an employee of Roush. It's been hard to find all the details, and I understand it was first registered in 1998, but SVT had it done in March of 1995. Some of the Ford guys want me to park this thing and say it may be the "only" 32 v pre production, or certainly may be the first/earliest if more were later produced (havent come acrooss any in research). I prefer to drop the clutch and do a doughnut. Lookswise, I really like it, but HP wise, weak outta the box.

Last edited by Jammer; 03-24-2005 at 06:51 AM.
Old 03-24-2005, 01:56 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

no wonder the mustang guys dont like us
Old 03-24-2005, 02:37 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I remember John Ames, he was (is) one of the best autocrossers in the nation, ESP (E Street Prepared) class among others.

Nice car.