Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Surprising data from this weekends autox

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2005, 08:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Surprising data from this weekends autox

I got a Gtech RR data recorder over the winter. I used it at the autox last weekend, and I was able to easly pull over 1.2G's in the corners and 1.1g's under braking. I knew the car stuck great but not that good.
Old 04-19-2005, 08:13 AM
10 Second Club

wow, cool.
how much does that cost?
what tires do you use? i'll guess R compounds.
what spring rates do you use?
we should meet up at lime rock for an event
Old 04-19-2005, 08:32 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The RR model is 299.00, and it includes the software to download and analize up to 2hrs 3o min of recorded racetime data. They also sell an SS model that just does the dragrace mode( the RR does both drag and roadrace) for 199. They will upgrade a SS to an RR for 150 so it ends up 50 more than getting the RR upfront.

This was my 1st time on new Kumho v710 tires, 315' on 17x11 rims all around. I still left a ton of time on the course learning the new tires.
My springs are 1LE fronts and Global West springs ( the soft ones, 95 lb or 105 lb) in the rear. the shocks are Bilstein shocks that Sam and the now dead ShokTec revalved and converted to adjustable. The car is awesome to drive, the GW upper front arms give it great turn-in and grip, and the 407 rwhp allows you to rotate the car with the throttle at anytime.
The thing that sucks is that SM class is a catchall class and there is a nationaly competive Honda civic in the class, fully prepped and his race weight is 1950 lbs with no gas and driver, I am at 3750lbs with me in the car. He got me by 3 sec on a 60 sec course. I wish that would break up SM like the streep prep class and get the gocart cars in their own class, we had 18 car in SM by far the biggest class.
As to doing a road event, I have thought of it many times, but the fear of bringing home my baby in a trashbag keeps me off, also I would not go on a roadcourse without a rollbar, and funds dont allow that now. The grand for tires was a stretch.
Old 04-19-2005, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Your rim/tire setup is awesome. I think I'll spring for 11's next season. I was gonna do it this year but I got hoosiers for half price (grand cup tires), so I stuck with 275's.
What offset did you use? Same all around? And spacers too?
I heard firebirds can use 50mm with no spacers and no issues because our fenders are wider.
I AX often, but more RR/HPDE stuff now. so much more seat time. You'll love it when you cross over.
how much neg camber do you run?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I use the 50mm offset for the rear and the 36mm for the front no spacer. I am at -2.0 deg camber with the GW arms