Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Brake rotor weight

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2005, 09:43 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Default Brake rotor weight

O.K., I've asked this in the braking and handling as well as the drag racing tech section... no responses.. anyone ever weigh all the aftermarket rotors? Which were the lightest ones? I'm looking ot get some weight out of my car in a relativly stealthy manner, and seeing how the rotors are warped and need replacing, I figured that if there's one out there that's lighter then the factory one by any worth while amount, I'd go with those. Not to the point where I wanna put drag brakes on the car, as it's still 90% street car.. will be for a while.

Anyone?
Old 05-23-2005, 09:57 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

mine are light

not sue whos are the lightest, but i would say the cheeper ones do to the fact they keep the stock size on everything, but they drill them and slot them, so they will be lighter. just an opinion
i got those Roto tech ones from speed inc about 3 or more years ago, they are like 65 each, with a set of hawk pads, and they where GREAT!!! i just painted the centers and they looks as good and worked very well. and they must be lighter because they are drilled. not much, but a tad.
Old 05-23-2005, 09:58 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

weight reduction? there is alot you can do that doesnt hurt the street car asspect of it.
pm me with what you have out, and i may have some helpfull hints.