Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Does anyone have an A/C leak detector kit?

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2005, 11:52 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Does anyone have an A/C leak detector kit?

I think my daily driver has a leak in the A/C system, it only holds a can of free-on for a week, maybe 10 days; getting warmer everyday from the 2nd day.

I was checking out the kits at auto parts store but from what I see online, they are give or take 225.00. Do any of you guys have a kit I could borrow?
Old 06-14-2005, 12:08 PM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

a leak detector is not easy. the best way to find it is pump the ac full (freon or nitrogen) then run it with the car on and put soap/water on all of the fitting. see if it bubbles. if it does, you found your leak.
also look around because freon is oil based and you can usualy see a leak if it drips on somthing or comes out of the evap.
if not, i do have a leak detector, but that usualy just gets you close and bubbles do the rest.
Old 06-14-2005, 12:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

joe autozone has the kits on the shelf for 15-20 bucks tops all it is is a dye that goes in with the freon then a few days later you go back with a blacklight very easy we do it all day here at the dealer. espically with this weeks weather
Old 06-14-2005, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Location: its as intense as the time i forgot how to sit down

joe if you want i can put some dye in it well put some freon in then black light it next week,just use it a lot
Old 06-14-2005, 01:08 PM
Launching!

ya autozone has the kits, they also have the cans that have **** in them to stop the leaks, iv sold a **** load of them the past week or so and no complaints, should give it a shot its cheap money, like 15 bucks