Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Found out some interesting things...

Old 07-11-2005, 12:37 AM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Found out some interesting things...

I used the GM (Kentmoore) balancer installer today..One thing that got me confused was u need to turn it around after it bottoms out,The stepped hub that centers onto the pulley hub bottoms out with about 1/4in left to be seated,I turned it around and got it to go the other 1/4in...

The good thing is this seats the balancer completely...I still tq'd it to 240lbs but it really wasnt nessessary as it was totally seated..I then did the final 37lbs and was done..

One thing that makes this particular (March Pulley) great is for guys installing it on a A4 (AUTO)....U dont need to use the GM locking tool to get the total tq of 240lbs...It has 3 bolt holes in it unlike the the ASP so all u need to do is thread 2 bolts into the holes of the balancer and use a GIANT breaker bar along with the tq wrench on the balancer bolt...It was great not having to pull the starter,so anyone with a A4 I HIGHLY reccomend the MARCH

Next,The Crane spring tool is AWESOME...
If u dont have one and do alot of cam installs I would say get it asap...

Next,the GTO is the easiest LSx based car to work on,I didnt like the fact there is NO petcock on the rad on an 04(I was careful and still made a mess)I dont like some of the clamps the AUSSIE's use and I didnt like the placement of them but again this car is CAKE to work on for sure...

I have it running tomorrow night,then the shorties go on this week...
Thanx to Breadmanwalt,Tommy P. and Tommy (TalonWS6) for there help..

Last edited by JS; 05-21-2008 at 02:23 PM.
Old 07-11-2005, 04:13 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool, cant wait to see what she runs. Being able to see the whole engine makes it much easier to work on than an Fbody.

Search this Thread