Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

where to get gears installed in NJ

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 01:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question where to get gears installed in NJ

like the title says, where should i go to get my gears installed. Looking for something close to central nj though i might take a trip to ttp only problem i have is that i would have to wait for it to be installed as i cant just drop it off so something local would be a bit better (edison area)
Old 09-29-2005, 01:27 PM
Banned

Buba: We have a lot of customers from the Edison area (meatyz, yell03z06). Why not ask Meatyz if he wants to take a ride up to us. Dan's always looking for an excuse to try to get talked into AFR's since hes only making 440rwhp cam only through his a4 Gears are a 2 business day thing just because sometimes you can't predict how long it takes to get the shim stack just right. Nothing leaves here unless its 100%. Although you can ask everyone that has had their gears installed here, not 1 complaint.

It would be $375 to install gears + fluids.

- Matt
Old 09-29-2005, 03:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

was at your shop a few months ago when i finally got my car dynoed (had the car for 5 years now). I did like how you guys treated me and talked to me about various things to do on the car. Right now i have a converter that has to get installed and then gears. I already have a place thats going to install the converter for a good price(250) but if maybe you want to work a deal with installing the converter,gears and maybe a few other parts that would be cool. Its not like i cant install any of this stuff, but now that im older and know what kind of time it takes to install certain things i rather just pay to have it done.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:36 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
was at your shop a few months ago when i finally got my car dynoed (had the car for 5 years now). I did like how you guys treated me and talked to me about various things to do on the car. Right now i have a converter that has to get installed and then gears. I already have a place thats going to install the converter for a good price(250) but if maybe you want to work a deal with installing the converter,gears and maybe a few other parts that would be cool. Its not like i cant install any of this stuff, but now that im older and know what kind of time it takes to install certain things i rather just pay to have it done.
the best thing to do is bring it to a good ls1 shop and let them do it all.
its easy that way. it might cost a few $$ but worth it in the long run.
either myself or east side does my work, i wouldnt take my car to anyone not farmilar with ls1 cars, its bad. ttp is farmilare with them, and pretty close to you. let them do it.
Old 09-29-2005, 03:38 PM
Teching In

Another shop to look at is****NON SPONSOR INFO REMOVED******

They did a great job on a set of Strange 3.42's that I got for my 96 A4 Z28. I've seen them for a number of things. They're very easy to work with.

Last edited by thechef; 09-29-2005 at 09:04 PM.
Old 09-29-2005, 05:22 PM

Go to TTP.
Old 09-29-2005, 08:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

whatever shop you go to make sure they change all the gearings and seals we do and will give the old ones to ya to take with ya if you want most noise in a rear is from bearings

george
Old 09-29-2005, 10:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by BubaGumpShrimp
like the title says, where should i go to get my gears installed. Looking for something close to central nj though i might take a trip to ttp only problem i have is that i would have to wait for it to be installed as i cant just drop it off so something local would be a bit better (edison area)
like matt said i also live in edison,where in edison are u?they are a great bunch of guys up at ttp they did all the work on my car and i am very happy with it dont think twice about going there.
Old 09-29-2005, 10:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

im right behind the edison diner on rt 1... Only problem i really have is getting back once i drop the car off.
Old 09-30-2005, 11:29 PM
Sponsor

check us out www.cartek.net 908-317-4496

Garwood, NJ