Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tasca Ford Day was a blast

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2005, 11:00 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Tasca Ford Day was a blast

First of all I need to say congrats to Breakin10s for placing 2nd place in MM with his Lightning. I know he's upset cause he made alittle mistake in the finals..he deep staged by accident and ended up red lighting ...but to get to the finals in such a tough class proves he's the man

My friend Mikey who runs in the 9's with his street car was doing very well in Street Shootout... He had a chance to be in the finals the way his car was running but he blew a alternator belt during his burnout in one of the rounds and we couldn't get a replacement.

Another one of the cars we took the blue 88 Notch went 2 rounds in ET/NB he broke out with a 10.50 with a 10.75 dial in...car ran a 10.8 on the previous pass.. Good effort by him to run in brackets with a 5-speed, he would of ran Street Shootout but he brought no weights.

I was busy riding back and forth to the staging lanes to line these guys up...boy I was tired...but the looks I kept getting from the girls was great

I made a new friend, Ralph Porier's(sp!) wife.. We went over to the Tasca Trailor after the event so Steve(breakin10s) can get his award.. So I was telling Mrs. Porier how much we look fowards to Tasca Day every year and how we believe its run better than FFW and the classes are so much better.

Well after all the winner's got their prizes and they did a raffle for the winners(breakin10s won a Leather jacket) she comes over to me with Ralph and hands me a polo shirt and a cordless screwdriver. She goes on to say thanks for being our biggest supporter ... then later calls me over to the motor home and hands me a Tasca Racing T-shirt ... Those are good people..

I had a blast and after such a fun day I'm thinking I may want a mustang

I wish a bigname Chevy Dealer in New England would step up and sponsor a race day at NED... Carl's East Coast Speed handled the tech for the classes.

Gotta love NED Tech they told Mikey he couldnt run faster than 11.49 because of no Trans Shield, and wrote it on his tech card. Well lets just say it was never an issue, and he ran a 9.8 in eliminations with no license and was never bothered. It was a fun day....sorry for the long post

Marco
Old 10-02-2005, 02:44 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Glad you had fun.I actually forgot it was Tasca Day
Old 10-02-2005, 05:02 PM
TECH Apprentice

I had a ton of fun. I can't wait until next years! Lots of people ran good times!
Old 10-02-2005, 05:23 PM

Would have been more fun to drive in. Time for another car?
Old 10-02-2005, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Would have been more fun to drive in. Time for another car?
I have more fun being a crew chief, alot less stress
Old 10-04-2005, 12:27 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Come on, tell the truth Marco. You did burnout's and got banned, just like Seekonk(sp) a few years ago.. lol , j/k
Old 10-04-2005, 06:44 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by vAN5150
Come on, tell the truth Marco. You did burnout's and got banned, just like Seekonk(sp) a few years ago.. lol , j/k
To be honest I was just waiting for them to ban the riding of 4 wheelers, like they did last year to us.

I rode like a chump which wasn't easy

Seekonk banned the Green Camaro, they will never see me driving that car again...so I'll be back to get banned in another car