Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What are your winter projects/plans?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2005, 07:29 AM
8 second mod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Well after going to the doctor 4 weeks ago and now that I'll be 41...
I got a scare..

Cholestral 280
BP 142/95

I'm now on 3 different meds and I'm scared...There are NO PLANS for any mods of anykind to my GTOother than installing the HF cats I have sitting at the shop and getting the TSB done on the seat tracks...

I just wanna do better for myself,I'm looking to the future and my health is much more important.U guys have fun,for me I need to save $$$$ and take better care of myself......

God bless...
back to your hole!!
good luck, heath is importan.

Tim, i cant wait, you better come racing with us every chance you get. you will need us to help you. lol
we need to talk about the intakes? im going to buy one if you dont want to swap (i'll owe you money for sure tho. lol)

my plans are in the making
Old 11-07-2005, 07:44 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by JS
Well after going to the doctor 4 weeks ago and now that I'll be 41...
I got a scare..

Cholestral 280
BP 142/95

I'm now on 3 different meds and I'm scared...There are NO PLANS for any mods of anykind to my GTOother than installing the HF cats I have sitting at the shop and getting the TSB done on the seat tracks...

I just wanna do better for myself,I'm looking to the future and my health is much more important.U guys have fun,for me I need to save $$$$ and take better care of myself......

God bless...
142/95 is a tad high. especially the 95 part. No need to be scared. That's why we have cholesterol and BP meds. Just make sure you take them and follow up with your doctor. Millions of people are in your shoes. It's just the way it is. No worries.
Old 11-07-2005, 09:12 AM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

20 credits next semester = no time for job or life.
at least hopefully i'll graduate on time so i can get out into the working world and have money for a new project within 2 years
Old 11-07-2005, 12:01 PM
TECH Regular

my winter plans are to put my car back together lol,weld in the cage and tq arm mount,order up a wolfe sway bar for the rear order my driveshaft,send out my heads to get my springs and valves done,get my intake back from the body shop,wire up the nitrous and run new brakelines and countless other things here and there but ive got all winter it should come out pretty good this spring just gunna have to get used to drivin the sucka again haha should be a lil diff now with a big stall and 400 with a brake ... and start savin for bigger and better things for late spring/summer
Old 11-07-2005, 12:08 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by spaulding
my winter plans are to put my car back together lol,weld in the cage and tq arm mount,order up a wolfe sway bar for the rear order my driveshaft,send out my heads to get my springs and valves done,get my intake back from the body shop,wire up the nitrous and run new brakelines and countless other things here and there but ive got all winter it should come out pretty good this spring just gunna have to get used to drivin the sucka again haha should be a lil diff now with a big stall and 400 with a brake ... and start savin for bigger and better things for late spring/summer
want a good set of rods. lol
Old 11-07-2005, 12:23 PM
Launching!

Wanna buy an A4 LS1 Camaro and build a bracket car.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

My goals is to finish my 95Z28 T76 383 and have it running for the summer I finally got the engine bay painted, so after my trip coming up I can start throwing the front suspension/engine back in.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:30 PM
Banned

im finishing up my 97 GT 5 speed. Possibly doing the V8 miata.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:36 PM

Not sure about the SS, But I did just get conned into helping with a motor swap into my friend's 95 mustang GT in my garage. He wants to put in a new Cobra motor, K-member, 6 speed tranny & pcm.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by lilstephsls1
20 credits next semester = no time for job or life.
at least hopefully i'll graduate on time so i can get out into the working world and have money for a new project within 2 years

20 credits. Glad I'm not you.
Old 11-07-2005, 05:09 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Noyzee
Tim, i cant wait, you better come racing with us every chance you get. you will need us to help you. lol
we need to talk about the intakes? im going to buy one if you dont want to swap (i'll owe you money for sure tho. lol)

my plans are in the making
I know, after I pick it up in the next few weeks, I'll have to look at it all winter just waiting for the weather to clear. I'm planning on going every time I can, the first few times I'm only going when your going because I'm going to need lots of instruction. I think I'm going to hang on to the intake, I don't need it right now, but if I ever plan on going faster I better hang on to it. I prob need to start doing some shopping, in the next week or two I need a trailer, I want to pick up a couple more bottles, but I'm sure you can add alot of things to my shopping list that I'm not thinking of. Now I just need to convince you to buy ken's trailer and sell me yours

So when are you going to let us in on your new setup? Is it going to be pushing a 346 into the 8's or are you going bigger?
Old 11-07-2005, 06:01 PM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by Nautilus
I know, after I pick it up in the next few weeks, I'll have to look at it all winter just waiting for the weather to clear. I'm planning on going every time I can, the first few times I'm only going when your going because I'm going to need lots of instruction. I think I'm going to hang on to the intake, I don't need it right now, but if I ever plan on going faster I better hang on to it. I prob need to start doing some shopping, in the next week or two I need a trailer, I want to pick up a couple more bottles, but I'm sure you can add alot of things to my shopping list that I'm not thinking of. Now I just need to convince you to buy ken's trailer and sell me yours

So when are you going to let us in on your new setup? Is it going to be pushing a 346 into the 8's or are you going bigger?
maybe we can make a few trips, with your car and b-mans. i will pit for both of you. help you guys get down the track. i'll leave my car home so all my work goes to helping you guys out. we do that a few times, and you guys will be set.
i can come up with many things. lol
but we will have to meet up this winter and have a beer and make a list.

as for mysetup, the block is on the way im going ls2 the rest is unknown right now.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by BAD *** TA WS6
Well said, but since your dad's got quite the boat... I'm sure you realize how fun it is! There's nothing like boating. I boat at my parents house on Lake Sunapee, but also have many friends with houses on Winni. So I frequent the both of them. I hope to try some offshore boating when I get my boat. I've been around Martha's Vineyard fishing and such, but offshore powerboating is a different animal.

ya man offshore boating is nutts, theres nothing like being out in the ocean with some nice big waves and launching a 42 foot 12,000lb boat out of the water.
Old 11-07-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Regular

want a good set of rods. lol
haha im good for right now why how much u lookin to get hmm tempting......come spring tho ill need u to show me how to really launch this thing and maybe give me a hand with settin up the rear suspension i think u might know a thing or 2 about that lol .... ill be comin to u for more parts soon to ttyl man
Old 11-07-2005, 06:37 PM

Hmmmmmmmmmmm. thinking K-member.
Old 11-07-2005, 07:02 PM
TECH Junkie

A fuel system, nitrous system, and maybe a bigger turbo Now if i can just find some time to make some money it will be eaisier. With 25 credits each tri and grad school this summer its going to be tough, but it will get done.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:00 PM
9 Second Club

maybe we can make a few trips, with your car and b-mans. i will pit for both of you. help you guys get down the track. i'll leave my car home so all my work goes to helping you guys out. we do that a few times, and you guys will be set.
i can come up with many things. lol
but we will have to meet up this winter and have a beer and make a list.

as for mysetup, the block is on the way im going ls2 the rest is unknown right now.
Sounds good. I can't wait, and if there is anyway I can help you out just let me know, I'm sure I'm going to owe you for your help this spring/summer.
Old 11-07-2005, 08:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

some nitrous, some suspension, some cage work, more weightloss, and if theres enough money left over a new forged 346
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by davered00ss
Not sure about the SS, But I did just get conned into helping with a motor swap into my friend's 95 mustang GT in my garage. He wants to put in a new Cobra motor, K-member, 6 speed tranny & pcm.
if you have any questions on the swap or anything, just drop me a line. Im pretty good with those engines
Old 11-08-2005, 08:51 AM
8 second mod

Originally Posted by spaulding
haha im good for right now why how much u lookin to get hmm tempting......come spring tho ill need u to show me how to really launch this thing and maybe give me a hand with settin up the rear suspension i think u might know a thing or 2 about that lol .... ill be comin to u for more parts soon to ttyl man
im looking for 500 plus shipping. come get them, and for you 450 with the good rod bolts. there a 700 set of rods! as for suspention, let me know, i can help you out a little, but i cant tell you what im doing. cant reviel the secrets

Tim, i have alot of fun pitting. its pretty fun, almost funner then racing my own car. i stress almost. lol
but the rules are, i help, i get to make atleast on pass. each day.