Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Machine shop in maryland

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2005, 04:17 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Machine shop in maryland

I need to find a good machine shop in Maryland to handle the machine work on LS1/LS6 blocks. Any recommendations?
Phil
Old 11-08-2005, 04:35 PM
JS
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Mikey at Rapid isnt too far from u and he's in Birdboro,Pa.
Give him a call,he does good work....
Old 11-08-2005, 07:29 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Phil theres a few shops right here in Waldorf. Theres one in the industrial park by the MVA that I spoke to about doing some work for me in the past, they seemed like they knew what was going on. And another behind the health department in WhitePlains ,I think it called "tidewater machine". Hell I think that car quest still has there shop in the back too. I don't know how much work each one has done on lsx engines you'd have to go and talk to them. KEN
Old 11-08-2005, 07:46 PM
7 Second Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I've had Bill @ advanced do a couple of motors and been happy with the work but timing is tough. I sent a block over to Jackson Auto Machine in Hanover MD to see what their time frame/prices are like for LS1 based stuff.
Phil
Old 11-08-2005, 11:31 PM
Teching In

Hey Phil you might want to check out Burtonsville Machine shop. They have been in business for over 30 years and have been building race cars for ever with great success! They are one of the best machine shops in MD hands down. Just ask around at any drag stip around I bet you will have nothing but great things said about them. I have had personal experiences with Jackson and have nothing good to say when it comes to them and there work, nor do a few of my friends who made the mistake when they used them after I warned them... to each their own I suppose. Just do your home work before you let anyone touch your motor. BTW the cars seems to be coming along real nice, I met you once at MIR ('98 Quicksilver Supra) and shot the **** with you about your car, good luck!

Joe
Old 11-11-2005, 07:10 PM
Banned

Burtonsville did all the machine/balancing work on my new motor last year. And YES I assembled it myself.

Old 11-12-2005, 01:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

ooohh AFR!! nice!!!!

I only know of the Jackson place mentioned already and Jet Machine Shop in Pasadena, MD. I have never needed engine work so i never used either place, but thats the only ones i have heard of / seen.

Quick Reply: Machine shop in maryland