Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Jeep question?

Old 12-14-2005, 07:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Jeep question?

My fiance has a 99 grand cherokee with the 4.0 and it will be fine but if it sits for more then overnight it doesn't want to start. The when it starts has a hard time idleing for a few w.o hitting the gas and holding it. I was thinking fuel filter and some injector cleaner but it seems there might be something else when she comes home from school I am gonna do the filter and cleaner but anyone know what this problem is?
Old 12-14-2005, 08:24 AM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by My84Z
My fiance has a 99 grand cherokee with the 4.0 and it will be fine but if it sits for more then overnight it doesn't want to start. The when it starts has a hard time idleing for a few w.o hitting the gas and holding it. I was thinking fuel filter and some injector cleaner but it seems there might be something else when she comes home from school I am gonna do the filter and cleaner but anyone know what this problem is?

My '96 blazer was doing the exact same thing for a week, then yesterday it wouldn't start at all... It's in the shop now, I'm thinking it's the fuel filter too...
Old 12-14-2005, 01:00 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When my Jeep was acting like that I did fuel filter, plugs, wires, and changed the rotor in the distributer. It was fine after.
Old 12-14-2005, 02:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

when you say 'has a hard time starting', do you mean that it cranks over and then stalls immediatley after unless you hold the gas down a little? mine used to do that, but a can of spray throttle body/carb cleaner solved that.
Old 12-14-2005, 03:54 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a jeep thing....I don't understand!

Search this Thread