Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Tuning Question

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2006, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tuning Question

Hey guys, last year i brought my z28 to be tuned and wasn't all that impressed with the turnout. I've talked to a few guys on here with a pretty identical setup and they were making quite a bit more power. Sure maybe my car is one of those that is a low performer, but it only has near 50k on it. My friend brought his turbo SS to the same place and had a similiar outcome. He went somewhere else and was able to crank out much more power. a friend of mine has ls1edit software and all i would need is a VIN # for it. Is there any shop close that could tune the car with our laptop/software instead of me having to blow another 500 bucks at another dyno shop? I'm throwing a set of PRC CNC Ported ls6 heads on my car sometime soon and would really like some good results and a worthy tune. thanks in advance guys!

By the way Eastside performance was not the last shop to tune it , so dont get that impression and i don't want to give any shops a bad rep so i'd rather keep that private thanks.

Last edited by MadMike; 02-16-2006 at 03:26 PM.
Old 02-16-2006, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

"I" havent seen a huge difference in HP when it comes to shop to shop N/A tunes. In a nutshell they get the A/F figured out and play with the timing a little. Some shops just use a template and make minor changes from there. A forced induction car would see a much larger difference in tuning.
Dont get too drawn into these internet numbers.

BTW its not the software you are usually paying for in a tune its the dyno time.
Old 02-16-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What are the specs on your cam? Id say try dez racing if you need tuning as ive only heard great things about don's tuning and I am taking my car there as soon as I can get an appointment.
Old 02-16-2006, 05:30 PM

Slowhawk is an awesome tunner.
Old 02-16-2006, 09:42 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

some of the cost is to cover the software but in all honesty most of it is time, dyno, and Knowledge of what works and what doesnt . theres alot of behind the scenes research , trial and error. best bet is to talk to a few shops and go where you feel comfortable and that there knowledgeable of what you want done. also tell them exactly what you have done and ANY issues you might be having or drivabilty issues first. it will make it alot easier for the tuner to get you where YOU wanna be and alot less hassel in the long run

im am very pleased with my car which was done by SLOWHAWK at DEZ racing------>