Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

barran Institute

Search this Thread

Old 03-31-2006, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default barran Institute

Hey guys just wondering if anyone has gone to Barran Institute of Technology. im thinking about going to the school just wondering if theres stuff to do up there girls, partying etc... dont really wanna be stuck in the woods with nothing to do? and hows the dorming????
thanx
Old 04-01-2006, 03:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I went there. The school itself was good- all the teachers definitely knew their stuff and were very good at their job. As for the girls thing- this is a trade school and when I was there there were 3 girls in the building I was at (they have sense moved to a new building I'm told) and you wouldn't want anything to do with them. BUT the dorms also housed a culinary (cooking) school as well as a hospitality training program (those stuffy people at nice hotels). I didn't have much luck with them but you may do better than me haha. The dorms are smallish, and if you have a single room you have to use shared showers/toilets. IMO you'd be better off getting a double and hope your room mate isn't insane. They're a bit bigger and have a toilet and shower in the room. The dorms are in Suffield, CT which is like a 15 min drive to the school so a car is a must. Theres not much to do in the immedite area, Enfield is across the river and theres a mall and resteraunts over there- the Chinese buffet place near the Big Y never asked for my ID! You are also right between Hartford and Springfield, so theres endless places to go in those 2 cities. On Wed. nights in Hartford in the summer a bunch of bikers gather in some industerail park and do tricks and stuff, hook up w/someone local to get you there. The parting was kinda tame as they were pretty tight on security patrols. Your also literally right next to Six Flags. Thats all I can think of for now if you have any other questions drop me a PM.
Old 04-01-2006, 08:44 PM
BMW ///M Nerd

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I went there as well...and hated it. But I cooperated and graduated with high honors.

Met a few kids from Yonkers actually, they were all into imports though.

The school recently bought a new building. They moved all of their courses, into the one building. The suck part, was they did this during the school year. So for almost my entire Engine mod, they were moving ****/us. I felt I missed out on information, and made a big deal about it infront of everyone there.

That sucked. The school itself was, eh, allright. I didn't stay in the dorms, but in the Rivers Bend Apartments. THIS is the only way to go IMO. The dorms suck more than anything, and if I had stayed there, I would have quit.

You get an apartment through the school. Move in with 3, maybe 4 kids and you're set. It's around 400 a month, you can get lucky and only have 3 roomates, and still pay the $400.

I officially hate CT now. But met a lot of people, and had fun while I was there. There are some awesome car shows in the summer. Hartford is 5 minutes away from the apartments. Springfield is approx. 15 minutes away. Both have clubs, girls, etc. Lebanon Valley Dragway is about an hour away. We started going there every week or so once the nice weather hit.

I haven't heard anything great about any of the tech schools actually. It's all in what you make it, and who your classmates are. I lucked out, and had the best class in the building when I was there. We all had fast cars, we all got a along, and everybody was there too learn.

I wouldn't have been able to make it through the year in some of the other classes. There are a lot of morons, you just have to find the guys that are in it for the same reason as you.

Let me know if you have any more specific questions. I graduated this past October.

Rob