Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Whats it worth?

Old 07-11-2006, 09:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats it worth?

I have been in the market for an F-body for a while now and I have been chasing a specific car for near a month and a half now. After striking a deal with the seller he decided to back out in hope of getting more for the car. HE said he was going to try to sell it locally for more and if it didnt sell then he would sell it to me for our previously agreed upon price, however after nearly 3 weeks he has been reluctant to do so. Any ways, I beleilve my offer price is more than reasonable and I was looking for second opinions. Here are the cars specs:

It kills me to do this, I haven't even driven the car since the new drivetrain, but a business op calls and I need the cash.

1998 Trans Am, black exterior and grey leather interior, fiberglass WS6 (ram-air) hood, Torq Thrust II 17x9 and 17x11 rims, T-tops, leather, power everything, ~48k miles.

Pics:
http://community.webshots.com/album/548872828cZzqwH

Mods include:

Engine:
-Thunder Racing T-Rex cam (243/249 @ .050, .608"/.613" lift, 110 LSA)
-Patriot Gold dual spring kit
-Thunder Racing heat treated chrome-moly pushrods
-Rollmaster heat treated adjustable double roller timing set
-Stealth airlid w/ K&N filter
-Thunder Racing billet MAF ends, black
-Jantzer ported and black powdercoated throttle body
-LS6 intake manifold
-March underdrive pulley
-ARP Pro Series rod bolts
-Ported LS6 oil pump
-Prothane poly motor mounts

Exhaust:
-Edelbrock Victor Series drag headers: 1 3/4" to 1 7/8" stepped long tubes with merge collectors and off-road y-pipe
-Hooker cat-back

Tranny:
-Textralia clutch kit
-McLeod SFI 6.1 bellhousing
-Pro 5.0 shifter with Lou's Short Stick
-MBA billet shift ****, black with Trans Am logo
-Energy Suspension poly mount

Rearend:
-Driveline Solutions Ford 9" - 4.56's, Detroit TrueTrac, 31 spline axles, Strange SS case, Daytona pinion support, 1350 yoke, solid pinion spacer. 1/2" x 3" screw-in wheels studs
-Denny's Nitrous driveshaft (good to 2000 HP)

Suspension:
-Spohn LCA's
-Spohn LCA brackets
-"BMR-style" Subframe connectors

Exterior:
-Fiberglass WS6 hood ($1300 parts and labor)
-17x9 and 17x11 Torq Thrust II's

Free Mods:
-!CAGS
-!EGR
-!A.I.R.
-! A/C (have all parts to put back on)
-Throttle body coolant bypass
-NGK Iridium plugs
-Taylor Thundervolt 10.4mm wires

Misc.:
-HP Tuners software

All it needs is a tune, Got it tuned pretty nice for cruising, the car needs a wb o2 hooked up to it for wot tuning is all. This combo should net naturally aspirated low 11's @ ~120 mph in the 1/4 with traction, in a pretty much full weight STREET car. I was going to add a 150 shot on top of this, if you do, for another $600 or so, you can run ~mid 10's @ 128-130 mph.

I am asking $15,500 obo for this car, mainly because the following parts are BRAND NEW:

Textralia clutch kit ($1000)
McLeod bellhousing (~$400)
Denny's Nitrous driveshaft ($405)
Ford 9" rearend (~$2300)

The majority of the other mods have only seen about 200 miles. This is an unmolested, uncut STREET car first and foremost. All the car will need is a tune and you're ready to go after low 11's.

PM me if interested. Thanks.

Upon looking into the car i have found that it has been in a minor accident, rear tires are near bald and will need replaced VERY soon $400, needs tuned at WOT $400?, and the A/C will need to be recharged once i reinstall the system $100.

-Thanks, for your help, Matt
Old 07-11-2006, 10:40 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very clean looking 98 with very low miles for that year...his asking price isnt far off from what it would be worth to many...the only downside is that its a 98...other then that 13-15 grand for all the money he has in it with the low miles on it wouldnt be a bad final price in reality.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I thoguht the same, my offer price was in the 13-15K range
Old 07-12-2006, 10:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Anyone else?
Old 07-12-2006, 12:42 PM
11 Second Club

I think its too much money, mine is an 02 with more mods and less miles, and I would put mine out for 16k.
Old 07-12-2006, 03:53 PM
CT Hotness

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
I think its too much money, mine is an 02 with more mods and less miles, and I would put mine out for 16k.
agreed. I have almost the same car (except WS6), less miles and if i ever sold mine, I would hope to see 13K if i was lucky
Old 07-12-2006, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

best answer for these questions is its worth whatever someones willing to pay for it and what hes willing to accept
its so hard to through a price on a modded car for the fact that your lucky if you get 50cents on the $1 for performance parts and labor you kiss goodbye
but that price sounds fair but like you said needs a couple bucks thrown at it after you buy it and reg. tax and all that also

Search this Thread