Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Dealorship Woes

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 10:04 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealorship Woes

Ok, on May 10th, I bought my 99 Formula Firebird used from Shaffer Ford in Cumberland, MD. Well the day I got it home, I noticed the passenger side window was having some trouble. SO a week later I took it back to the dealorship(which is like an hour away), they told me that they had put a brand new motor in the passenger side door, and that it just needed greesed up. Now jump forward to about a week ago, my window motor I know for positive is takin a crap on me. So I call them up, they say bring it up to them(another hour long drive, yay!) I take it up there today, they say that ya, the window motor is bad, and they proceed to tell me that they never put a new motor in the passenger side, they replaced the drivier side motor. I said that since this is a pre-existing issue from before the warranty was up(told me they couldnt sell me an extended warranty at the time of purchase). The general manager said they already fixed it once, and that they were not gonna fix it again. I told them that alll the previouse "repair" was just some greese that band aided the problem untill my warranty was expired. He said to bad and wouldnt even look or talk to me. he just sat there and stared at his desk. I am pissed, Do not ever deal with the asshats at Shaffer Ford.
Old 07-12-2006, 10:13 AM
11 Second Club

Bad window motors are a part of owning an F-body. Welcome to the club! And BTW most dealerships don't put much warranty on a car that is 8 years old, and not certified. Sucks though...
Old 07-13-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Call the BBB. They told you they replaced and it just needed grease. They lied and hoped that it would last past the warranty which it did. Hire a lawyer to make a phone call to him and see how he reacts.

BTW, Ford sucks!

Jon
Old 07-13-2006, 03:40 PM
TECH Regular

^ ya right hire a $200 hour laywer to fix a $59 part. that makes good sense to me. sorry buddy but just pick up a motor and swap it it's not that expensive. and isn't hard to do.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:48 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by aliwantsnss
Bad window motors are a part of owning an F-body. Welcome to the club! And BTW most dealerships don't put much warranty on a car that is 8 years old, and not certified. Sucks though...
ditto. remember your car is 8 years old! **** happens and things break
Old 07-13-2006, 07:04 PM
Staging Lane

eh, I was just pissed that I had to drive and hour just just for them to say they werent gonna do jack and **** and have them yell at me. But, I called ford up and complained, think that effects there star rating or whatever.
Old 07-14-2006, 08:27 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by dogger
^ ya right hire a $200 hour laywer to fix a $59 part. that makes good sense to me. sorry buddy but just pick up a motor and swap it it's not that expensive. and isn't hard to do.
Free consulation first, then ask them $ how much to make a threatening phone call.

Definitely file with the BBB.