Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

02' EB Vette - 1st Weekend.

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2006, 09:43 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 02' EB Vette - 1st Weekend.

Yeah, I bought the car its ok, really not much all that different from the Formula I have - performance wise. Yeah it handles better and at speed the corvette settles down as my Formula kinda dances alittle.

I have not checked the codes on the door yet - and I don't know alot about Vettes but I think it has the UN-performance gears in it. At 70 MPH or so it was turning under 2K RPM's. I know that hurts.

MPG from NJ to MA I averaged about 21 MPG, I thought that was kinda low, I don't know if new O2 sensors would help with that.

This site has already saved me some money, I had a DRL out - The site helped explain why it was out and would go out again after I washed my car. The plastice above the DRL is melted and water gets in there and BOOM. I can also see the people who had the car before me didnt know anything about corvettes - the had the main fuse for all the lights blown - maybe they didnt know about the toe kick area. I dont know.

Window Tint - I see why you guys all want to tint your windows. After only 1 weekend I too want to do this, just too much **** - people gawking at stop lights, people in cars buring oil trying to get to make eye contact with you.

Bad people -People on the Highway purposely cutting in front of you. Last night we were in residential area - I never speed - never - and a bike that had a passenger did at least 70 to get in front of me - I was doing 40 at the time. He slows down to do the spped limit right at front fender and I'm like WTF guy. I had Formula and never did people treat me this bad. Green Honda Civics are the worst.

Corvette Wave - 1 for 3. I don't know what the Wave radius is. The one wave we gave and recieved was in CT from a football field length away. The others don't know whats going on.

People who love the car and their uncle had one - In two days I had 3 people comment on car - one in grocery store and he told me all about his Cooper S and that its fast. Had another guy in Wal-Mart parking lot ask me questions about the car like - Do you like the color of it - How fast have you had it -. When I came out of wal-mart there was a 40oz in brown paper bag left by door - no lie.

Window tint looking good about now.

Anyone know how good these factory alarms are - where I live I have to park the car on the street - I think I want one of those pager alarms - any good ?

- Bob