Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Torque arm ??'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2006, 10:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stock here. Just welded some plate steel top and bottom to make it a little thicker around the bolt holes. Working beautifully for me!
Old 08-18-2006, 11:32 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by UMI Performance
If you are running the QTP y-pipe with the Flowmaster merge I recommend a transmission mounted torque arm due to clearance issues. The last QTP y-pipe with the Flowmaster merge hung so low we could not get our tunnel mounted arm to work and had to run a tranny mounted arm. Now we have had the tunnel mounted arms clear with the QTP's before with NO drive shaft loop but that last time it just wouldn't work.

If I can help anymore please ask.

Thanks!
Ryan
I agree.We were looking at his car today.With the QTP Y-pipe,it already is wedged on the BMR driveshaft loop(bad too).
Old 08-18-2006, 11:34 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I agree that mounting the tq arm to the chassis is a good idea, wht gm didn't do that in the first place is beyond me
Old 08-18-2006, 05:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
I agree that mounting the tq arm to the chassis is a good idea, wht gm didn't do that in the first place is beyond me
Probably not too good for the NVH of these already noisy cars! Lord knows all poly mounts and a whiny moser don't bother me much, but Joe Dbag who expects his pony car to ride like a Lexus would hound the dealer nonstop.

FWIW right now I've got a non-adjustable Edelbrock that mounts in the stock location. Probalby switch to a Spohn chasis mount over the winter. Finally switching to a full slick, and trying to get her to hook, so I'd feel more comfortable getting it off the trans. Also I purchased and tried a Yank x-member, but couldn't get it to work, clearances were all off so I threw in the towel and sold it for half price.
Old 08-18-2006, 06:46 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I'll have the spohn one off my car in a few weeks if you are intrested in it. I went with a BMR crossmember, and the one I originally got I ended up giving to a friend of mine that works @ eastside as he needed it to put the th400 in his car, it fit perfect in his car, I I had him reorder one for me to replace the one I gave him.

I think it will work out great, and it has several instant center positions to use too, should be a good aid to help get the most out of my car, probably take a while to figure out where to put it though.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 28 Likes on 23 Posts

Yeah, let me know if you want to sell it, I'd probably take it off your hands.