Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

2007 Quickest Eastern section list.

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2007, 11:37 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

well i know ill be at the bottom of the list but...

00 z28

12.6 @ 111 w/ 1.9 60' ft
mods in sig
Old 05-18-2007, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

we have the first bump off the new list...sorry 02BEAST. Blackscreaminmachine you are now on the bubble sir....
Old 05-18-2007, 01:45 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

he'll be bumped a week from friday, along with a couple more I suspect.
Old 05-19-2007, 01:38 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nautilus
Damn, that car moves. Nice run
Thanks. Now I just need to 60' it so she ET's for that mph .
Old 05-21-2007, 11:11 PM
12 Second Club

12.47@110.84 just bolt ons
pacesetter lts
no cats
hooker cat back
slp lid and bellow
k and n filter

car is an 2001 SS m6
Old 05-23-2007, 10:17 PM
9 Second Club

New best for me tonight. 10.24@129.
It's only .01 faster but a new best is a new best.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Mach1killerls1 11.58 @119 98 Z28 Bolton car with a 125 shot a4
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Race your car!

JL ws6 10.89@ 122.4 01 transam 402 n/a

Not what I was looking for but it's a starting point for the season.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:55 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
JL ws6 10.89@ 122.4 01 transam 402 n/a

Not what I was looking for but it's a starting point for the season.
Nothing wrong with that! Good time for a very hot/humid day
Old 05-26-2007, 05:54 AM
Race your car!

yeah, I mean that's some of what I was thinking, I looked at the time slips from last year and it was 45 to 48 degrees when it was run last year, the da was about -450 all day that day... yesterday it was way over 2000, someone checked it while we were there. The car basicially ran the same as it did last year, 10.9 to 10.8, but the problem I'm having now, is that off the transbrake it is 100% useless, it just kills the tires and spins the ***** off them, I went to footbraking the car, 2000 to 2500 rpm and leaving that way easing into the gas quickly and the 60 foots were in the 1.5's like last year and it ran about the same, but that's not what I'm looking to do AT ALL. I want the thing to 60 foot like mad, and babying out of the hole of the footbrake is NOT gonna get it there. Something is wrong with the suspension, I have no idea what the hell it is, next week the car's going to the chassis guy's shop to get a wolfe rollbar put on ( parts didn't get there in time plus he left to get married on the 19th so I didn't have that on yesterday) and while it's there I'm gonna have him look it over, just to get a 2nd set of eyes on it maybe see something I'm not. I want to get the car into the low 1.4 high 1.3 60 foot times,I know it's got a 10.3 in the car once it's leaving right, it's just leaving like ****. I dunno if the car is just too heavy (3579 yesterday w/ my 275 lb *** in the seat) to do it or if it's a suspension thing, but with the way it would spin that goodyear radial I'm starting to think it's suspension realated more then the weight. It's gonna get alot lighter in the very near future... but that's not the whole problem.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:40 AM
9 Second Club

JL, your car makes more power than my current set up-get the weight down and you defiantely have a 10.1-10.0 set up if you can get the weight down a bit. As it sits now, 10.4's -10.3's should be close but 10.9's-10.8's in the heat with those 60's and raceweight is still nothing to sneeze at. Nice work!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:54 AM
Race your car!

The weight is hurting it alot too I think, most of the weight I have to take out os from the firewall up, which could be some of the weight transfer problem. First thing on the list to do hopefully in the next week or so is the cruise/tcs stuff are going as soon as the chef gets me the throttle cable from his GM hookup so that stuff can leave, and the coolant overflow is going away as soon as I get the overflow bottle from summit, that's going in the spare tire well.

Not alot, but it's a start. I may this week pull the bumper cover off and look into doing something with the front bumper support... when the rollbar gets installed, I may see if he wants to fab up something nice and lite out of round bar or something to hold the cover up.. just enough so it doesn't distort like hell at speed and still be able to use the factory hood mount. I'm gonna talk to him about it. I saw a picture of somethign a guy on here (outlaw I think) made that looked really nice.... gonna see if something like that can get done.

Sonic snake has a hvac delete plate too for me, once I get that from him the dash is coming out and all that nonsense is outta there, probably pull the carpet back up and get the radio wiring I left in place in case I ever wanted to put it back in (yeah right)

Battery is gonna go in the trunk too soon I think, just get the cutout switch done and out of the way too while I'm at it, the day that is needed is coming.

that stuff including the battery should get close to 100 lbs off the front 1/2 of the car, if the bumper support saves 25 lbs (guessing) the hvac **** along with the airbags weigh about 50 lbs (guessing) and the coolant tank +lw battery relocation are another 25 (guessing) I know the battery relocation will probably add 50 lbs with the full size batt and the wiring, but at least it's in the back of the car.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:40 AM
9 Second Club

Every little bit helps. Sounds like your on the right track.
Old 05-27-2007, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

im not happy with my time but i ran a 10.69 @122 383 N2O 98 trans am
so throw it up for now but it wll go alot faster hopefully thanks
Old 05-29-2007, 08:28 AM
8 second mod

The weight is hurting it alot too I think, most of the weight I have to take out os from the firewall up, which could be some of the weight transfer problem. First thing on the list to do hopefully in the next week or so is the cruise/tcs stuff are going as soon as the chef gets me the throttle cable from his GM hookup so that stuff can leave, and the coolant overflow is going away as soon as I get the overflow bottle from summit, that's going in the spare tire well.

Not alot, but it's a start. I may this week pull the bumper cover off and look into doing something with the front bumper support... when the rollbar gets installed, I may see if he wants to fab up something nice and lite out of round bar or something to hold the cover up.. just enough so it doesn't distort like hell at speed and still be able to use the factory hood mount. I'm gonna talk to him about it. I saw a picture of somethign a guy on here (outlaw I think) made that looked really nice.... gonna see if something like that can get done.

Sonic snake has a hvac delete plate too for me, once I get that from him the dash is coming out and all that nonsense is outta there, probably pull the carpet back up and get the radio wiring I left in place in case I ever wanted to put it back in (yeah right)

Battery is gonna go in the trunk too soon I think, just get the cutout switch done and out of the way too while I'm at it, the day that is needed is coming.

that stuff including the battery should get close to 100 lbs off the front 1/2 of the car, if the bumper support saves 25 lbs (guessing) the hvac **** along with the airbags weigh about 50 lbs (guessing) and the coolant tank +lw battery relocation are another 25 (guessing) I know the battery relocation will probably add 50 lbs with the full size batt and the wiring, but at least it's in the back of the car.
jl, get a lightweight batt, and leave it in the stock spot.
doing trunk mounted is silly, yhea it moves the weight to the back, but it also ads 40 pounds of wire and kill switches ect ect.
get a nice oddessy bat throw it in the stock location, buy a little kit from autozone to tie it down.
save atleast 30 pounds over all
Old 05-29-2007, 11:04 AM
Race your car!

Already did that., PC680 in ths stock location
Old 05-29-2007, 12:17 PM
8 second mod

Already did that., PC680 in ths stock location
keep it that way. saves tons of weight, and doesnt effect weight transfer by muchy at all. why add 50 pounds.
Old 05-29-2007, 12:44 PM
Race your car!

the nose won't stay up that's why... I even got the R series shocks to try to helpw ith that, they are supposed to be at a set stiff compression rate, but the damn thign still doesn't transfer weight right. The rear doesn't squat at all the front pops up for a second and settles right back down, and the rear never really compresses. Hell I had the front shocks at 2 ( one being the softest setting ) and te rears at 3 and 4, car left strait and didn't roll over, it just doesn't transfer any weight and get on the rear tire. The radial that gary's running that he's having good luck with...... IMo was worse then the 27 inch qtp. At least those would give me a 1.52 to 1.54 off the transbrake, the radial won't take the transbrake at all, they feel like stock goodyear tires off the brake they just spin for 300 feet. Off the footbrake the car was o.k., but the 60 foots were still ****, like .3 off what I want them to be. Only thing I can think of at this point is the nose is just WAY too heavy or the instant center is way wrong, so much so the car won't transfer any weight. Whatever it is, it's a serious problem and I don't even think at this point adding the wolfe drag bar is gonnna do a whole lot if anything, that will help stop it from rolling over, but before I even need to worry about that the damn car needs to transfer some friggin weight. I'm gonna have Bruce look at the suspension when he puts the wolfe bar on, at this point I want another set of eyes on the car to see if there's somethign wrong with it, because at this point the only thing I can come up with that might help is pulling 100 lbs or more off the nose... something to get the damn thing to come up some and stay up.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:29 PM
8 second mod

the nose won't stay up that's why... I even got the R series shocks to try to helpw ith that, they are supposed to be at a set stiff compression rate, but the damn thign still doesn't transfer weight right. The rear doesn't squat at all the front pops up for a second and settles right back down, and the rear never really compresses. Hell I had the front shocks at 2 ( one being the softest setting ) and te rears at 3 and 4, car left strait and didn't roll over, it just doesn't transfer any weight and get on the rear tire. The radial that gary's running that he's having good luck with...... IMo was worse then the 27 inch qtp. At least those would give me a 1.52 to 1.54 off the transbrake, the radial won't take the transbrake at all, they feel like stock goodyear tires off the brake they just spin for 300 feet. Off the footbrake the car was o.k., but the 60 foots were still ****, like .3 off what I want them to be. Only thing I can think of at this point is the nose is just WAY too heavy or the instant center is way wrong, so much so the car won't transfer any weight. Whatever it is, it's a serious problem and I don't even think at this point adding the wolfe drag bar is gonnna do a whole lot if anything, that will help stop it from rolling over, but before I even need to worry about that the damn car needs to transfer some friggin weight. I'm gonna have Bruce look at the suspension when he puts the wolfe bar on, at this point I want another set of eyes on the car to see if there's somethign wrong with it, because at this point the only thing I can come up with that might help is pulling 100 lbs or more off the nose... something to get the damn thing to come up some and stay up.
first off the goal of racing is to loose weight and the weight you must have put it in the right spots. remove the stuff you dont need, traction, abs, cruz ect ect. cut the snot out of your front bumber suport (easy 10 pounds) keep your batt in the stock location, get the small can run to the rear foroverflow. remove anything you can from everyplace you can.
check pinion angle.
you havea k memeber and a arms right?

you going to camaro firebird shootout?
if so get it all done by then i will try to help you out a bit.
Old 05-29-2007, 01:57 PM
Race your car!

not going up, and the k member and a arms are still stock. I'm done spending $ on this thing this year, anything I can get done without taking any $ out of pocket I will do but other then maintenance stuff I'm all set buying parts this year.

Quick Reply: 2007 Quickest Eastern section list.