Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Price Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 12:21 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Price Question

For our part of the country, is $3800 for a '95 Formula with 6 speed, 130k and in good overall condition needing minor work an average price, a high price, or a low price?

I know 6 speed cars can cost more, but I'm not sure how much.
Old 03-22-2007, 11:58 AM
TECH Resident

kbb.com
Old 03-22-2007, 12:05 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats a mid to low price, condition is going to matter alot. Any matience done?? Hows the paint, hows the shifting etc etc.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:26 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackScreaminMachine
Thats a mid to low price, condition is going to matter alot. Any matience done?? Hows the paint, hows the shifting etc etc.
Agreed... your talking about a 12 year old car with 130k miles. Condition means more than anything, hows the clutch, brakes, paint, how much oil does it burn...etc The price doesn't sound bad at all IF it's in good condition.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:05 PM
Launching!

Thanks for your replies. I rarely pay attention to KBB or other such guides. I think it's more valuable to talk to others who are into the cars to see what kind of prices they have observed the cars go for.

From the pics I have seen and the description I have gotten from e-mailing the seller a few times, here is what I can say:

The paint appears to be shiny and not damaged, except for what normal nicks and scuffs there might be on a driver. The body does have one dent behind the driver's door, down in the lower part of the quarter, and then there is one small (golfball?) sized dent on another area of the quarter.

Tan interior appears to be in good condition...some wear on the driver's seat. I'm sure it could benefit from a cleaning.

I am told that the car runs and shifts fine, and has not been driven in winter by the current owner, who had had it for two years. No rust or rot, I am told.

The SES light is on, and the owner mentioned that he feels the car is running rich and could use a tune-up because it is overdue for one. Car comes with BBK throttlebody, new in the box never installed.

I am in the dilemma of wanting a 6 speed Formula to compliment my automatic Formula, but I have too many cars. However, if the car is a very good deal, then I might jump on it and worry about car juggling later, since I hate to let good deals go by.

Thanks again for your input.

Dave