Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Fbody Friendly Garages in PA

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Fbody Friendly Garages in PA

Well its time to get the ol TA inspected....well auctually a few months late. I took the car to harris to get it tuned and have all the codes tuned out, so im not thowin any. In my county all I have to do is pass the OBDII and the gas cap check, but all the garages around me are still giving me crap about the exhaust on it. Its a 2000 w/ !air !egr !cats and rear O2s tuned out. Does anyone know any garages in PA that are friendly towards our cars? Thanks a lot.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:06 PM
TECH Regular

i think im just going to go to center city philly and slip someone a 20... but i dont know any specifics.
Old 05-23-2007, 06:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

there is a guy here in lancaster that has a 97 z and has been inspecting mine for the last 3 years. he will let me slide as long as it passes the obd 2 test and isn't an obvious violation
Old 05-23-2007, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Most shops just plug into the obd2 port and you are good to go. I know the shop that did my car did just that. It helped that I had new brakes and tires on there. I told him the brakes were new so he could skip it. I am freinds with the guy but I would just make sure they don't put your car in the air and you should be good to go. Try a local gas station first. FYI I do not have cats and had my rear 02's off as well. No SES light no problem