Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

What should I expect

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2007, 06:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What should I expect

I'm relatively bored at the moment at 8pm on Saturday night so here we go.

Last track passes on my car were

12.42 @ 115.9 I believe it was if memory serves me, with a 2.4 60' due to a bad clutch, 28 degree weather, and bald Nitto 555r's

I have a buddy doing the clutch install right now which I went with the LS7 clutch, and LS2 flywheel.

It's going to be awhile before I go to the track as I want to set the clutch in properly, and make sure everything goes well.....I still have 342's in the rear on the stock 10 bolt.

I had cut a 1.8 60 earlier in the night last I went so on that run I slipped it from 3300. The 2.4 12.4 pass I had slipped it from 4500. I would like to maybe see an 11.70 but is that possible. A buddy recently mentioned that with my setup the weight and everything a 11.5 may even be possible, but 11.7 I would be far more than happy with. Is that a possible estimation?

As for the clutch I hear it's supposed to be very streetable and I like that idea, but hear that it's not the best for drag. I do more street driving than track so that's not my biggest concern, just want to know how I will fare at the track with this clutch.

Any tips, suggestions, ideas let me know. I'm just bored so I figure I'd post something and rear what people have to say