Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

expecting too much??

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2007, 06:36 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why is the car so heavy? I only pulled my jack and spare tire and I'm at 3530 with no other weight reduction. I even had over a half tank of gas in the car and I'm not light either (230 at the time, 195 now). Check this thread out, it explains all the light weight mods.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-racing-tech/17319-weight-reduction-list.html

One other thing. I have a vig 3600 converter in my car temporarily and I'm really not impressed with it. I had a Yank SS4k converter that hit much harder and pulled better on the top end. I know that I gave up .05 in the 60' and .15 in the quarter as well as a solid MPH when the vig went in the car. I don't know how your vig behaves, but I know that I will not miss mine when the Yank goes back in.

The 98 heads aren't the greatest either. I have a fresh set of ported heads with big valves for sale cheap if you're interested.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by WJ SOM SS
I'll bet you'd run quicker w/around a 3800 stall, but just my opinion....WJ
thats what i had asked in the auto tranny sect a while back.i think i may rethink the verter/cam setup.precision industries said $200 or $250 to restall it if i remember correctly.
Old 06-08-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Zger
Why is the car so heavy? I only pulled my jack and spare tire and I'm at 3530 with no other weight reduction. I even had over a half tank of gas in the car and I'm not light either (230 at the time, 195 now). Check this thread out, it explains all the light weight mods.. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17319

One other thing. I have a vig 3600 converter in my car temporarily and I'm really not impressed with it. I had a Yank SS4k converter that hit much harder and pulled better on the top end. I know that I gave up .05 in the 60' and .15 in the quarter as well as a solid MPH when the vig went in the car. I don't know how your vig behaves, but I know that I will not miss mine when the Yank goes back in.

The 98 heads aren't the greatest either. I have a fresh set of ported heads with big valves for sale cheap if you're interested.
the last time the car was on the scale at the local moving company it was 3420+me(230)=roughly 3650. i only had a fuddle 3600 to compare the vig to but i've never really been in love with this one from the start.it always felt good in 1/8 but then seems to fall off. i usually put a couple cars on people only to be driven around up top if you have time pm me some info on the heads you have for sale