Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Raced a C5 from a Roll.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2007, 06:20 PM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talking Raced a C5 from a Roll.

I have not raced really all that much this year. Only two track outings with the 2nd being really hot so I couldnt better my best time thus far. Ever since I did some bolt ons such as the Lid, Headers, and Cat back I have not re dyno'ed so I have no clue how much power I make. With the heavier 3" steel DS and Moser 12 bolt I am assuming un tuned im in the 335-340 range being before the rear end swap and just a Lid I did 324 rwhp. Also no weight had been cut, if not its been added.

Driving back to my house, on a road that has 2 lanes going the same direction. I pull to the left of a Black C5, it was nice. I didnt think much of it. I just drive to the next red light about 300-400 feet down, there was a car infront of me if I had kept in the same lane and the C5 just was staying way back there. So I merge right.

Still waiting for the green and the c5 behind me I leave off of the light like normal. I go from 1st to 2nd and I now start seeing the c5 getting close to me, waiting to dart to the left and fly by. So I leave it in 2nd as I rev to around 3k holding as the gap opens up ever so slowly..... He makes his move, darts left, flooring it. As his nose hits my door I hit it. We were nose to nose for a second. I pull and his front wheel is at my door as I shift 2-3, still holding up a slight hill, I peg the limiter on the 3-4 hoping to get as many RPM's as I can, he starts coming back, a little. Then in 4th the next light approached and we slowed.

My clutch was not liking it, I think I saw a lil white smoke from mine, or maybe just road dust. The peddle was def spongy after the hard run. I asked what he had done, he said stock. I dont know if it really was but he definitly had the weight advantage being the car can weight about 3250-3300 w/o driver and he looked about 180-200 pounds.

Either way I'll take it, I though do need to swap in a LS7 and go with it. I think though this will be a winter project. I want to drive in a fall run but with this clutch being cranky, no racing for me.
Old 08-26-2007, 10:23 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Man one of these nights I will be cruising down to the Pike and see your car going the other way on a flatbed. That clutch is begging for mercy and you're racing vettes.
Old 08-27-2007, 06:15 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The mark of a true racer.
Old 08-27-2007, 10:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

Nice run Aaron!