Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

i hate donovan mcnabb

Search this Thread

Old 11-13-2007, 06:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Tony Hunt is hurt...has been since like week 3.

and, he throws the ball in the dirt cause he has no confidence in his receivers to make an attempt at the ball if its thrown ever so slightly behind them or in front of them or, he has some linebacker/corner breathing down his neck cause the offensive line doesnt seem to like to protect him. his accuracy is less than desirable sometimes but theres allways a reason for and its not just on him. no one seems to mention the career year he had when T.O. was catching the *****. he was leading the league in completion percentage/attempts and completions/touchdowns/passer rating/yards etc etc. his stats where off the charts before he got hurt that year....he did all this b/c he had a monster receiver.

he WILL win a superbowl....but it wont be with the Birds.

Originally Posted by Frosty
I've said it before and I'll say it again. THE EAGLES WILL NEVER WIN A SUPER BOWL WITH ANDY REID AS COACH!. He;s a great talent guy but his play calling is atrocious. How many times with 3rd and 2 do they pass the ball? We have a short yardage pound 'em guy in Tony Hunt and he sees no playing time.

I'm by no means a huge McNabb fan but give the guy a break, he's been sacked over 30 times this year(if I remember correctly). However there's NO excuse overthrowing a guy by 10 yards are throwing ground ***** that only Chase Utley can get when you have time to throw it.
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't realize Hunt has been hurt.

Lets not baby McNabb man, his confidence or lack thereof in the receivers has nothing to do with his ground *****. T.O. wouldn't be able to catch half of the crap passes he's put up. I'm talking about passes when he has plenty of time, not when he's under pressure. Under pressure, fine...understandable. But when you have no pressure and a good 4-5 seconds to make your reads and throw the ball there's no reason to throw such horrible passes.
Old 11-14-2007, 07:04 AM
11 Second Club

your right about the accuracy...the only thing i cant really defend about him. im not babying him though....im just sick and tired of hearing people complain as if the team would be in better shape with Kevin Kolb under center. its rediculous to think that. they cry and whine that they wanna see coach bench Mcnabb and start the Rookie...are ya kidding???
dont mind me...my passion for the team frustrates me to no avail when things arent going right...but in the end, ill still be sitting here on sundays watchin my Eagles do what they do....win or lose.
Old 11-14-2007, 10:25 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by TNTramair
..but in the end, ill still be sitting here on sundays watchin my Eagles do what they do....win or lose.
I think we all feel the same way. its still possible they playoffs isn't is?
Old 11-14-2007, 12:18 PM
11 Second Club

ofcourse...mathmatically. but for what...to lose in the first round?? not worth it...unless they have a meraculous turn around to the season and win out...than ide like to see what happens in the playoffs. they are 4-5 and if they win next week and the G-men lose, they will only be one game back for the wildcard spot.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by phillyz28
I think we all feel the same way. its still possible they playoffs isn't is?

the current best case scenario for the birds is that they and the cowboys both keep winning. yes, philly fans should actually be rooting for the plowboys to win. i know it is against your collective sports religion and all, but go with it and hope it works this year. you can go back to wishing death upon them next year. lol

i don't think that reid or mcnabb are individually the problem. there is a lot going on with that team that people seem to overlook and i don't understand why. the biggest problem i see is that with all the "great" deals that the birds make for starters, who the hell are their back ups? especially when you look at positions that get injured a lot like linemen, linebackers, and running backs.
you can put all the talent you want out there on opening day. if they don't make it through the season and there is not a legit back up available, it doesn't help.

look at the steelers, lots of little injuries and not a team piled up with big name talent. but their back ups can play at or very close to the pace of the starters, so the pressure can stay on no matter who is in there. that is not a luxary the eagles have, nor have they had it for many years.
Old 11-15-2007, 04:46 PM
Teching In

You can't tell Eagles fans that! lol
Old 11-15-2007, 04:49 PM
11 Second Club

I dont agree with that. the Eagles have allways been (in Reid's tenure) deep at lineman/corners/safety...thats actually a luxury they've allways enjoyed. obviously not so much this year but in recent years. Eagles like to develope their young players and weed out older players...they've been doin this the entire time Reid's been here. they've only gone after 1 high dollar free agent in T.O. to improove the team since he's been coach...other than that, its been through the draft. its not workin out to well for them these past few years.
Andy Reid and Ed Banner are stubburn mules that are set in their ways...and to say that its not Reids fault the team is like this crazy. Its completely his fault. he's in charge of getting the right players in here....hes in charge of the play book...hes in charge of just about everything that goes on in the locker room.
how could you go through an entire off season and not address "special teams" ?? as if there hasnt been a problem with it for the last 5 years?? how can you not have a return man?? its rediculous.
his play callin is totally off the wall and he doesnt utilize his best offensive weapon and surround him in the protection he needs to produce (westbrook).
in the end, hes not out there throwing and catching the ***** but it is fault...id say he's 90% of the issue.
Old 11-18-2007, 01:12 PM
TECH Regular

this is bullshit...
https://ls1tech.com/forums/eastern-members/816880-cant-watch-eagles-game.html
Old 11-18-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by phillyz28
but you hate Mcnabb anyways so what do u care?
Old 11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Bow94z
but you hate Mcnabb anyways so what do u care?
true... feeley did a good job, heard the game on the radio and i happy with their performance today then again they played the dolphins(0-10) so that doesn't say much
Old 11-18-2007, 04:02 PM
Teching In

Eagles come back to reality next week.

Playoffs....
Old 11-18-2007, 04:42 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by '99 SS
Eagles come back to reality next week.

Playoffs....
dont you start Ed, Dont you start

Old 11-18-2007, 04:44 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Bow94z
dont you start Ed, Dont you start

Old 11-18-2007, 05:11 PM
11 Second Club

anything can happen....we'll see.
Old 12-02-2007, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

I'm bumping this. I'm by no means a McNabb fan but do we Eagles fans STILL think we have better alternatives than #5? Todays game proved why Feeley was, is and will always be a career back up QB.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:52 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Frosty
I'm bumping this. I'm by no means a McNabb fan but do we Eagles fans STILL think we have better alternatives than #5? Todays game proved why Feeley was, is and will always be a career back up QB.
whats up with all the stupid decisions? we got so close the last 2 games and then heartbreak on the last play.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
12 Second Club

I guess he thinks he's Tom Brady and can complete anything, lol.

I'm still mad at some of the play calling. I counted at LEAST 4 3rd and short situations(say 2-3yds) where a passing play is called. WTF?!?!?!?!?!?

I was making up curse words to yell at the TV. I swear I can't stand Reid, his playing calling is f'in horrible.
Old 12-02-2007, 11:55 PM
TECH Regular

yeah i was pissed as hell.. i was watchin the game at my apt while tryin to study so i didn't have any friends over and i was yelling and cursing at my tv too. I didn't understand that either, 3rd and 1 and he dropped back to throw. all i yelled was 'run, f'in run you *******'
Old 12-02-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Regular

its almost like they are trying to lose, there is always next season i guess