Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Anyone looking for a cheap CUSTOM sled?

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2008, 02:03 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone looking for a cheap CUSTOM sled?

Hey guys, I have a 2004 Polaris 550cc fan cooled twin. It's an edge chassis "Classic" with professionally done copperhead pearl paint from PPG (the same color Stacey from "Trucks" on spike TV made for his chevy truck project a few years back) on the cowl and trailing arms. It also has a custom "Hockey Stick" done in matte black paint with pinstripe (I am a Camaro guy through and through )

It has been ridden VERY sparingly these past few years that I have owned it and only has ~1600 total miles on the clock(I have to check to see exactly how many since I haven't checked since last winter)

Well maintained and only ran Amsoil in the sled since I owned it with 800 miles on it. The sled also has an electric key start that came standard on the sled and PERC (Polaris Electronic Reverse Control) which stops the engine and spins it over backwards for the backwards "Gear", works flawlessly. The sled also comes with:

- 100% stock engine/clutching/etc. nothing mechanical ever played with (it was PLENTY fast for me the way it is)
- Pure Polaris chrome lower windshield with black flames
- Black headlight cover from Dennis Kirk
- Stock Windshield
- (1) Brand new belt (the old one is fine I just have a backup)
- Pre-wired for a heated faceshield (standard RCA type hookup)
- Pure Polaris windshield bag
- Owners Manual/Original Polaris CD still in celophane
- Spare spark plug holder (not installed, needs to be mounted somewhere)

The only "bad" thing is my original gas cap (with gas gauge) broke off and there is now a drain "plug" in its place so the gas does not spill out. I intended to have this fixed by Precision Power (http://www.partsland.com/) who said they would fix it under warranty/Recall, but had no way to get it to them last year so I rode around with the plug and just changed gas according to miles ridden, not a leak.

Also the rear seat that was baby blue/silver (original color on classic 550's) which I had painted the same time as the cowl and suspension with a black paint that I was told was elastic has began to wear off, you can see the outline of the blue/silver now. Not a tear or rip on it however. Can be re-painted of replaced with ANY seat off of an edge chassis polaris.

Here is how she looked stock:

And a video:

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...ideoID=3591355

$2500, the sled is Located in Albion, NY (Near Brockport and about 50 miles from Buffalo and about the same from Rochester)