Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Good and Bad come hand in hand

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2008, 03:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Good and Bad come hand in hand

well after a long road of hardships last season i think my luck turned around this weekend. Lets start with last winter i decided to take my nova from a 355 single 76 mm turbo to a 468 CI BBC, my machine shop screwed me royaly and switched parts on me, i dropped off a 454 crank to be balanced and got back a 427 crank they tried to make work with the 454 connecting rods and pistons. i did not know until after the motor was back together and couldnt figure out why it kept vibrating at 2500 rpm-4200 rpm and splitting the trannys in half. ordered a new crank and had it balanced. the motor went in and out of the car 5x, and was a very long grim road. then i finally get it all put in and just need to run all the wires and someone steals my hood, intake(and nitrous kit), carb, and adj fuel reg. my buddy told me to come over his house on friday he had a surprise for me and he thought i would really enjoy it. so i go to his house and what do i see sitting on his living room floor, but a new set of 991 heads ported and polished, weiand dominator intake, and holly 1050 dominator carb ready to install. so friday/sat we got busy on the car. we got everything installed wired up, and running. i made a quick video b4 my camera died, the quality isnt that great and the car was at about 1400 rpm due to not done tuning the carb at the time of the video. but this is what i have atm.

http://s57.photobucket.com/albums/g2...t=100_1557.flv

so after playin around with it all day, at around 8pm we have finally finished the car, and decide to take it for a spin and see how she does. i now got my first ticket in the car. i turned left on a yellow light because it turned yellow when i was allready goin threw and the cop pulled me over sayin i blew a red light. like 8 units showed up, they wanted to arrest me, and were tryin to give me all kinds of crazy tickets, and the superviser told them to leave and gave me a 37$ non moving violation and told me i would see his chevelle soon
Old 04-07-2008, 06:57 AM
Internet Mechanic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Prove positive that cops loves american muscle cars.
Old 04-07-2008, 08:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Glad to hear things are turning around for you luck-wise.

And glad to hear about the good luck with the ticket!
Old 04-07-2008, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Cops do love american muscle like my buddy the other night rode though a stop sign was going about 60 in a 35 with the dumbs on. The cops tell him about everything he did wronge then says nice car and get the exhuast finished and walks back to his car and its good to hear that things are turning around for you. I read your last post did u ever catch them guys that were taking ur stuff
Old 04-07-2008, 10:30 AM
8 second mod

good deal, and your buddy who provided the parts should get a big kiss.

sounds good. rev'ed up nice and quick
Old 04-07-2008, 11:10 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Iwant2beArealBoy
I read your last post did u ever catch them guys that were taking ur stuff
That's awesome that your luck finally came back around man. Any luck finding the smucks that violated your car...twice?
Old 04-07-2008, 11:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

no we havent found anything out yet, but apparently there has been a lot of car thefts on particularly american cars in ansonia/derby recently and that they are doing their "best"
Old 04-07-2008, 11:54 AM
Launching!

I hope the police figure it out. At least your luck turned for the better. Damn good buddy you got there!!
Old 04-07-2008, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

honestly i dont think the cops around could catch a cold, doesnt really seem like they want to either. the lack of concern is really disappointing. i bet if it was one of their harleys they would be bustin down doors
Old 04-07-2008, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Dark,

Give me a idea of where you were so I don't make the same mistake. I may not be as lucky. I had a encounter with a 350z on saturday night. He though he was going move past the old man caddy....well lets just say he didn't. We were coming up alont Burger King on 117 heading into apponoug. I hit third and we were close because there was no room and a cop was coming the other way. I thougt for sure we were done. We got to the light. Rolled down the window and laught and went two different ways just in case he decided to turn around

We need to get together so I can check out your car.

Gene