Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Reston, VA & area info needed.

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2008, 10:54 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Reston, VA & area info needed.

Hey guys. Wife just dropped another bomb on me. 1st she had a job offer in Colorado for double her pay.
So I get a bunch of info on Colorado & racing there. So what does she do. She turns it down & quits her original job??
This is after wanting to move to Vegas last year?? So now she tells me I'm flying to VA tomorrow to check out a job.

So, she just left & I figured I would ask the experts. What the hell is Reston like. I see there are a few tracks in VA.
Mostly 1/8th it looks like (damn). Any info would help. Would land be hard to come by. We have 3.5 acres now, & it's been approved for 5000' shop.
Vegas was impossible to find big lot's.

Is T/S very big in the area. P/M was way too expensive. Too old & lazy to even think about any heads up class, again.
Quick 8, Top Dog any kind of dial class for 6-7 second door car. Thanks guys

Old 05-14-2008, 09:55 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Ok. thanks anyway guys. If we move I guess we'll figure it out.
If you see the red car at the track, you'll know we moved.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea Northern VA is pretty expensive to live. Its also pretty hard to find big lots. We moved on the maryland side when i lived up there. Havent looked in Reston per se but I assume its around the same price-wise as the rest of Northern VA. MIR is the track to goto out here.
Old 05-14-2008, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

Here's a little help.Daughter lives in va.Reston is northwestern va.No big airports unless you drive about an hr to norfolk that she's aware of.Should be able to get land at a decent price.I beleive the tracks are nhra and 1/8 mile with the exception of maryland intn'l raceway and maybe richmond.Don't know the distance from reston.Hope this helps-tom
Old 05-14-2008, 11:26 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Dulles Intl airport is pretty close to Reston. Reston is about 4 hrs from norfolk unless we're thinking of 2 different Reston, VA's. MIR is off of Budds Creek Rd. in Southern MD.
Old 05-16-2008, 07:44 AM
6 & 8 Second Club

Thanks guys. Got some good info. On another site they told me about some 6-7 second races I could fit into.
The tracks are about 50-50 1/8 & 1/4. So that will be a little strange. But if we move, I'll need something to do.
Looks like going west & southish towards the marine base has some land. So we are starting in that direction.
Thanks again. Maybe you'll see the red car before the season is over.