Eastern Members CT, DE, NH, NJ, NY, MA, ME, MD, PA, RI, VT, VA, WV

Need some help with the silvy

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2008, 09:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help with the silvy

I was going to post up over on performance trucks but its smaller and responses take forever lol.

After putting 75 in the truck today and not even getting a full tank i decided to say f*ck it im lifting it.

How much could it hurt, the gas mileage is horrible anyway and i have the vette now so i can drive it half of the week, so i mine as well make the truck look cool.

The vette is going on the back burner until the truck is done and i decide what im going to do with it.

Exhaust is getting taken care of in the next week or 2.

Im getting a volant cai, lt's once a cheaper set comes out, 6" lift, 35x13.50 with 20" rims, reflexxion hood, and ranchhand bumpers front/back

My question is, what lift and wheels should i go with. I have 17x9 classic 2's and they went to hell over the winter. I really dont have time to keep up with polished aluminium so id like to stay away from it if possible. Ill be going offroad every once in awhile but nothing hardcore(like jumping it lol) and i do alot of towing.

Im looking for a lift that keeps the truck sitting level, i dont want the *** to sag like i see on some. I dont mean when im towing that doesnt matter too me, just when its by itself.

Also, what wheels/tires should i go with, i have mtz's now and they wore horribly. I was thinking of something like the atz, i want an all terrain so its more streetable.

Sorry for the book lol, thanks for the help guys/gals
Old 05-23-2008, 09:44 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Contact a lift company who deals with these trucks all day.

FWIW I had a 90' K5 Blazer with a 8" all spring lift and 35" mud terrains. It was a beast.

Good luck
Andy