Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Bill Heard

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 05:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Bill Heard

Guess Bill Heard gets the last laugh. They did not pay off all the loans on trade ins, so as a final post purchase thank you, you get to owe on 2 cars.

My dealer from there when I bought my avalanche called me yesterday. He is selling Dodges now and wanted to know if he could help me at all. I told him to lose my number and find a new career cause customer service is a myth to him...

My only hope is what goes around comes around. Thank god mine was not one of them.....
Old 11-11-2008, 05:43 PM
On The Tree

Yeah I too heard of this and I do believe it was in the paper and on the news about their bad business practices....thank god I work for a much better dealership company than the jackass's that ran that place...
Old 11-11-2008, 08:37 PM
Launching!

If you didnt know already AutoWay Chevy on Hillsborough is shutting down on Friday.
Old 11-11-2008, 09:36 PM
TECH Regular

I think I missed something here. What happened?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah, I'm lost... sounds interesting though... need the full story, got a link or anything?
Old 11-11-2008, 10:47 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bill Heard closed. All their stores. Bunch of crooks.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:11 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kwiksilverz28
Guess Bill Heard gets the last laugh. They did not pay off all the loans on trade ins, so as a final post purchase thank you, you get to owe on 2 cars.
Wouldn't that mean that, at the very least, they owe you your trade-in vehicle back???
Old 11-12-2008, 12:12 AM
Launching!

If you traded a car in at Bill Heard....they didnt pay off the rest of what you owed.
Old 11-12-2008, 05:36 AM
Restricted User

what did they do with the vehicles? chop them up and sell/install the used parts as new?? what a bunch of ******.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

They sent them thru auction. You would be entitled to what they got. Oh, and it would be nothing compared to what you owed. They make up for it in the profit of your new car and the used ones they sell.

Crooks.
Old 11-12-2008, 06:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the snowman sucks *****..........no yea i almost bought an ss cobalt from that *******.....goo thing i didnt...snowman so that means you out of a job homie.....where is my buildsheet???????????see you thursday brotherman
Old 11-12-2008, 11:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by torquejunky
Wouldn't that mean that, at the very least, they owe you your trade-in vehicle back???
Dealers take in trades and are supposed to pay off the loan. Then they send the cars to auction. They dont need the title to send it through the auction, you are supposed to provide it within 30 days. So if you traded, they took your car, sold it at auction and kept the money instead of paying off your loan. SO the poor sap that bought it at auction is stuck without a title and you are stuck with a loan for a car you dont have.

SO you have to file a police report for theft. Eventually you get it back, but I dont know about you, but most people cant afford to pay 2 car payments.

They have been dirtbags for years. The fact that they got away with acting like they have for so long is a mystery.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by davidadavila
the snowman sucks *****..........no yea i almost bought an ss cobalt from that *******.....goo thing i didnt...snowman so that means you out of a job homie.....where is my buildsheet???????????see you thursday brotherman
Man I work at Ferman. We been treating people like crap for over 110 years...if they havent learned now they never will
Old 11-13-2008, 09:04 PM
On The Tree

Wow, glad my dad didn't get a Silverado from them a few years back like he was planning.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SnowmanWS69
Man I work at Ferman. We been treating people like crap for over 110 years...if they havent learned now they never will
Jeremy. which Ferman do you work for again?
Old 11-16-2008, 01:01 AM
12 Second Club

If you think thats bad you dont know anything about the auto business. This isnt even remotely bad compared to what some companies do. This was just generally boneheaded since you cant really cover this up after a while. I work with my dad who owns a car business and I have to deal with the owners of car companies directly all the time. Id say 65% of them are crooks and 30% are ******** and/or snobs.

Some examples of things I know go on routinely are:
1. Car dealers look up the last reported mileage on carfax and set the miles back to a semi-believable number. I know for a fact some cars on well know lots in the area have 50,000 miles or more than displayed.

2. Many used car warranties that come from the dealer often have ridiculous cancelation clauses or mass gaps in coverage. I saw one clause that said if the car ever exceeded 50 MPH the warranty was voided. Dont ever buy a warranty for a used car.

3. The are innumerable tricks a dealer can use to hide mechanical faults with a car until it is sold. For example a dealer can use a substance to get a with a leak to run for a short amount of time for a few dollars rather than fix the problem. And often times for more serious problems they will either install a quick fix or buy a junked part to mask it.

4. A lot of car businesses with in house financing set unbelievable terms such as 75% interest or fees for amounts exceeding $5,000 for late or missed payments

5. I knew this once business who would go out to disaster sites and buy flooded cars before the owners tried to get insurance money out of them (And hence it would show up on carfax) come back and mask the problems and sell them and then give a clueless look when the cars failed or in one case exploded

And I can think of 12 or 13 more things of the top of my head. Again this was not abnormal in the auto world just really boneheaded
Old 11-16-2008, 07:47 PM
OWN3D BY MY PROF!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Those are some of the exact reason why you should never even considering buying a car from a dealership or allowing them to work on your car. The only reason I ever go there is to buy parts that I need the same day.
Old 11-16-2008, 10:10 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by SnowmanWS69
If you traded a car in at Bill Heard....they didnt pay off the rest of what you owed.
How does that work? If I traded a car in, the finance company is going to come to me looking for the car right?
Then when they can't repo it, I get sued? I get a bad mark on my credit?

I can think of some shifty **** you could get away with but it doesn't seem they can go far with this.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yes they can, and that is exactly what they did.
Old 11-17-2008, 05:40 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
Those are some of the exact reason why you should never even considering buying a car from a dealership or allowing them to work on your car. The only reason I ever go there is to buy parts that I need the same day.
I work in parts so keep on coming in! LOL! I work at the Ferman Pontiac in Land O Lakes

Quick Reply: Bill Heard