Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Any attorneys here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2010, 09:38 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Any attorneys here?

I'm helping my best friend setup an LLC in Florida. Assuming everything is up and running, I'll move over there from Texas when I graduate in two years.

I'm pretty sure I already have the LLC Operating Agreement setup properly and I downloaded the Florida SOS filing form. I just need to know what federal forms we'll need. I'm in the Operating Agreement as a "member." It's an audio-visual services company.
Old 10-04-2010, 07:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Shackleford
I'm helping my best friend setup an LLC in Florida. Assuming everything is up and running, I'll move over there from Texas when I graduate in two years.

I'm pretty sure I already have the LLC Operating Agreement setup properly and I downloaded the Florida SOS filing form. I just need to know what federal forms we'll need. I'm in the Operating Agreement as a "member." It's an audio-visual services company.
All depends how you wanna report income.

You need an ein think thats an ss4 not sure though.
If you want to report bussines income on your personal then IMO being treated as an s corp is the best way. Form 2553 i believe. Must be filed timely though.
Old 10-04-2010, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

When you say federal are you talking about income tax returns?

Most small businesses choose to be treated as an LLC and file a partnership tax return, assuming there are 2+ members/partners. The income flows to your 1040 just an S Corp but there is more flexibility than an S Corp.

Here is some information from the state of Florida on starting a business, registering, forms, etc.

http://www.sunbiz.org/startbus.html

Quick Reply: Any attorneys here?