Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Engine builder for LS1

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 06:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Engine builder for LS1

Ok Florida guys. I live in Tallahassee and need some referrals for a good engine builder in North Florida or South Ga. I'm ready to do some mods. Don't know if I want to do a pro charger or add a cam and kinda go old school sorta. I would like to get around 450-500 HP. Any advise on which way to go. $ is an object so looking for the best bang for the $ and who has a reputable shop. Moonss.
Old 05-23-2015, 07:10 PM
TECH Resident

Being that I'm not even close to your area I can't recommend an engine builder. But if all you want is 450-500 hp at the wheels, you don't even need boost, or an engine builder. Throw a cam in and 100 shot of juice. Get her tuned and you're all done. Can't get better bang for the buck than that to achieve your goal. Even on a stock engine and low boost a turbo or procharger would put you easily above 500whp.
Old 05-23-2015, 09:30 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by badformulaLS1
Being that I'm not even close to your area I can't recommend an engine builder. But if all you want is 450-500 hp at the wheels, you don't even need boost, or an engine builder. Throw a cam in and 100 shot of juice. Get her tuned and you're all done. Can't get better bang for the buck than that to achieve your goal. Even on a stock engine and low boost a turbo or procharger would put you easily above 500whp.
Heads cam and a tune is all you need
Old 05-24-2015, 06:32 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Mr.Nitrous
Heads cam and a tune is all you need
The heads needed to hit anywhere above 450whp in a stock displacement LS1, plus a fast intake would cost easily a couple thousand bucks more than a cam only+nitrous set up. Especially to hit the high side of that 450-500whp range he's shooting for. But yeah that works too if he has that kind of money to spend.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I have a friend who took his LS2 stroker out to a dude in your area. He originally built it then my friend bought the car. Car ran like **** and only put 332 RWHP.
The tuning shop suggested that the Reluctor wheel on the Callies crank had slipped as they tried adding 40 deg of timing and that was the max HP.

It's Callies fault, not the builders, so my friend took it back to him so he can send out the drank and freshen up the engine. I can contact my friend if ur interested.

I agree, cam, heads, raise comp a little, good exhaust.

What year is the car. Auto or 6 speed. If it's an auto and you get to that level of HP, gonna have to dump some coin into the slush box.... With the slush box, easier on the whimpy 10 bolt.

Quick Reply: Engine builder for LS1