Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Sarasota FL.

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 01:30 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BadBowtie03
Hey pailhead.. I'm from palmetto myself.. just thought I would let you know... Im up in Gainesville right now at school but ill be back this summer... Cya later
Hey man when you get back from school.. some gatherings in Bradenton will need to happen. I'm getting tint on this friday and my exhaust should be happening in a couple of weeks. Once those are done I definately want to try to get something happening. Everything is starting to settledown and calm down... so I'm going to have time for a gathering.
Old 03-21-2005, 02:13 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by pailheadz28
Hey man when you get back from school.. some gatherings in Bradenton will need to happen. I'm getting tint on this friday and my exhaust should be happening in a couple of weeks. Once those are done I definately want to try to get something happening. Everything is starting to settledown and calm down... so I'm going to have time for a gathering.
yeah man we shold definetly do that... but are there many guys around here? Im actually home right now, Every now and then I make it down from school on the weekends cause I have 4 day weekends. So either this summer we should get some cars together or on one of the weekends, and Ill see if I can make it down.. Alright cya man
Old 03-21-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

did slowhawk ever decide to start that business??
Old 03-21-2005, 03:17 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by 777
did slowhawk ever decide to start that business??
My bussiness actually took off up here in Ma.Right now I'm booked solid for 2 months and there is still 1' of snow on the ground.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well good deal...i'm glad your stuff is busy...i'm sure it will get worse when the snow clears
Old 03-21-2005, 06:57 PM
On The Tree

Another Sarasota guy to look up is Jeff C. he works at the Discount auto parts at clark and beneva. He's got a 95 Z. last year he was turning 12.60's but he has a 396 under construction right now. Stop by and see him, Tell him Matt said Hey!!
Old 03-21-2005, 07:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm still waiting for these gatherings. I turned 16 finally and my longtubes arrived . I wanna get together, and I've been seeing some nice camaros/firebirds around town. I've been tempted to stop them and ask them about it. Anytime after school(3 pm) or on the weekends would be good. Lemme know when things are starting to happen. If you ever see me around bradenton/palmetto, i'm in a red 2000 SS, wave or honk at me. I'll be looking out for you.
Old 03-21-2005, 08:23 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hrsepwraddict00
I'm still waiting for these gatherings. I turned 16 finally and my longtubes arrived . I wanna get together, and I've been seeing some nice camaros/firebirds around town. I've been tempted to stop them and ask them about it. Anytime after school(3 pm) or on the weekends would be good. Lemme know when things are starting to happen. If you ever see me around bradenton/palmetto, i'm in a red 2000 SS, wave or honk at me. I'll be looking out for you.
I think I might have seen you on Manatee not too long ago. Honk if ya ever see me.. I'm in a generic white 99Z with a Berger panel.
Old 03-22-2005, 04:35 PM
Launching!

Geez I never see any of you guys, I always see a nice fbody coming and it ends up being a 6 driven by an old person.
Old 03-23-2005, 09:28 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TAdriven98
Geez I never see any of you guys, I always see a nice fbody coming and it ends up being a 6 driven by an old person.

i see nice Fbody's in sarasota all the time........last nite saw a red t/a with breathless performance projector headlights, and a black camarao with black z06 motorsports wheels.
dont usually see the drivers though.......i was thinking about making up some cheap business cards with this forum address on it, and leave it on the windows of nice fbodys when i see them, that way we can get more local people together for meetups.
Old 03-23-2005, 02:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

i drive down manatee every tuesday and thursday around 4 o'clock. And i'm in palmetto later those two days also. Lemme know about the meet ups. Still waiting to install headers, it sucks when you dont have jacks, or jackstands. Been waiting since feb 25 now to install them, but would like to do it with someone, and not pay the money. Never done this before so the experience is needed. It's an obsession, I drove the car one time and have been hooked ever since. Just another ls1 trying to get noticed.
Old 03-23-2005, 05:54 PM
Launching!

sounds like a good idea to me... maybe ill do the same thing!
Old 03-23-2005, 06:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey BadBowtie03, are you a girl?

I ask because I've only seen one SOM SS here in Gainesville and it was driven by a chick.
Old 03-23-2005, 07:46 PM
On The Tree

i drive down manatee every tuesday and thursday around 4 o'clock. And i'm in palmetto later those two days also. Lemme know about the meet ups. Still waiting to install headers, it sucks when you dont have jacks, or jackstands. Been waiting since feb 25 now to install them, but would like to do it with someone, and not pay the money. Never done this before so the experience is needed. It's an obsession, I drove the car one time and have been hooked ever since. Just another ls1 trying to get noticed.
I drive down Manatee Ave every weekday between 8AM - 8:30AM going to work and back again around 5:30PM. I live off of Manatee Ave West out on the Island so Manatee Ave is everyday for me.

If you see a 2001 Navy Blue Metallic SS with US ARMY tags that would be me.

Give a wave.
Old 03-23-2005, 08:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok, I know my car isn't anything special, but I really wanna get a meet going. These damn Ford guys think their badass cuz ford throws a blower on the cobra and and x-pipe on the 5.0. We need to have a meet, and get alot of people there. Show people what a real car looks like. I may sound crazy, but it irritates that ford guys think their so awesome. If we threw a blower on our cars, they would destroy a cobra. I don't care where we meet, but there needs to be one. The other day I was at blockbuster on manatee ave. and saw a nice '99(?) navy blue z/28. Anyone know whose it is?? Pailhead, what are the plans for this meet?? Are we just gonna post dates on this forum, or should we get out and find some f-bods? I'll go flag down some people and see if they wanna go. I'll be on the lookout for you guys. I'm in a '00 SS rally red with t-tops. I'm 16 so i can't be that hard to miss.
Old 03-24-2005, 09:53 AM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Still waiting to install headers, it sucks when you dont have jacks, or jackstands.
you can do it, i installed my jethot longtubes myself with no prior experience. theres a bunch of step by step pic tutorials if you search this board and the camaroz28.com board.

goto discount/advance or autzone........they have nice quality jackstands, 2 for $18.

then goto harbor freight http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta..._stores.taf#FL in sarasota (if you order online you gotta pay shipping)
they have a kickass low profile jack that slides under even a lowered car, the smaller version is $80 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91039 , and the one that goes higher is $130 http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=47246 ........i bought the small one but i wish i had bought the bigger one.
Old 03-27-2005, 04:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

XuQshinR, is your SS a 'vert? If it was were you on 51st yesterday around 1, 1 30 or so. If not than I saw a nice navy blue 'vert ss, btw, I live off of 51st if anyone is near there lemme know.
Old 03-30-2005, 11:04 PM
On The Tree

XuQshinR, is your SS a 'vert? If it was were you on 51st yesterday around 1, 1 30 or so. If not than I saw a nice navy blue 'vert ss, btw, I live off of 51st if anyone is near there lemme know.
Not a Vert..Just the T-Tops, SS Grill, Chrome ZO6's, and Centermount Exhaust.

I pass 51st almost everyday, but I am on Manatee Ave (West) I live on Perico Island. Work in East Bradenton.

If I ever find time, we'll all have to meet up.

Take care.
Old 04-01-2005, 11:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Alright, I still wanna have a meet with all the f-bods that are willing, if I can do anything to help this thing get started, just lemme know. Hope to see some of you guys on the roads over break.
Old 04-02-2005, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

I'm in Tampa but come down to Bradenton and Sarasota on a fairly regular basis for work. I've seen quite a few very nice F-bods down there and I know there are more.

I'm a charter member of a local club here in Tampa: www.FLCFA.net and have a couple of members down your way. If I/we can do anything to assist you in getting your group up and running, please feel free to contact me.

We'd be happy to have you folks at some of our upcoming functions and we'd like to throw together a big bash in Sarasota now that the weathers getting nice

Gordon

Quick Reply: Sarasota FL.