Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

need your advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2005, 07:53 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This really baffles me. You ask for advice, you get it, then you ask for another opinion.

Not a big deal if you want to post up the history and discovery for members to possibly learn from. It's just odd that you keep asking the same question of whether you should fight or pay.
Old 07-26-2005, 08:06 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hmm lets see here. You come on here in shock asking if you can get away with this ticket. However, now you are the expert ticket beater and have beaten 3 other tickets and this should be no problem because "it works all the time." An officer can say whatever he wants. Even if it is a lie. You can't prove him wrong. A witness that is your girlfriend won't mean much, if any. His word will always be held higher than yours. So if it's a case when it's word against word, you will lose. Where did 55 in a 50 come from. You said you were doing 50 in a 45. You just lost the case.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 777
Hmm lets see here. You come on here in shock asking if you can get away with this ticket. However, now you are the expert ticket beater and have beaten 3 other tickets and this should be no problem because "it works all the time." An officer can say whatever he wants. Even if it is a lie. You can't prove him wrong. A witness that is your girlfriend won't mean much, if any. His word will always be held higher than yours. So if it's a case when it's word against word, you will lose. Where did 55 in a 50 come from. You said you were doing 50 in a 45. You just lost the case.
driving on kirkman road at 5am coming from work a fhp paced me and the right way and never gave me a ticket. some time ago. (just as a reference)

not everyone lies? AND YES I WAS DOING THE SPEED LIMIT THAT NIGHT 45 TO 50 IF THAT. DAAAAAAA and im going to call a traffic lawer and see what he says. just to prove this once in for all.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
you can totally beat that in court especially since he didn't get you on radar.
thank you. radar is there ace in the hole. and the cop never used it.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:29 AM
TECH Junkie

yea but i have a couple of cop freinds and if hes claiming 70 in a 45 he does not NEED radar to write you a ticket.. yes its more stable in court but its not nessairy cops do something called visiual speed inspection which is basically they reference you with the surrounding area to guess how fast your going ..its subjective and therefore shakey in court but its enough to write you a ticket legally.. also if hes claiming you accelrated adbruptly in florida with all the street raceing laws he does not need much to write you a ticket... finally even if you get them to throw out the ticket its most likely gonna be adjunctification withheld which will be after you pay for your lawyer and your still gonna have to pay the ticket just no points will be accessed and you can only do this a few few times (like 1 in most cases) so your gonna be throwing away a get out of jail card for a dumb ticket... i know your all fired up about it but id just pay the fine and thake the class its the quickest cheepest solution...... but in anycase good luck
Old 07-26-2005, 11:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

thanks. I just got off the phone with a traffic lawer and they said there's no proof other than his guess and would not hold up. and by me having a good record for the past 3 years will be in my favor. and that he also never used radar. I feel like the cop is saying well I THINK he was going 70. I just dont see how that can hold up and even he said i was not driving reckless at all.
I would more than happy to pay the ticket if i was really speeding or if i was street racing but i was not and had no intentions of doing so. I had a few tickets in other cars 10 or more years ago and there was proof i was speeding and did what i need to do.(in a grand prix and cutlass) With out proof i think to will get dissmissed.

Last edited by SOMWS62001; 07-26-2005 at 05:04 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 01:13 PM
Staging Lane

Did the officer have a camera in the truck? I've seen a few of the F150's that have small ones attached to the rearview mirror. You might want to see if that officer did. I've had a friend that tried to fight a ticket and lost because the officer brought the video out and made him look like an idiot.

Good luck with it if you fight it.
Old 07-26-2005, 02:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

the cop never said anything about a camera at all. just that he was pacing me at 45mph for 2/10th of a mile. and he never used radar. and the catch is if he is at 45 and pacing me how am i doing 70 with his calibrated speedo? he would have to be doing 70 to right to be pacing. and if it was a visual estimation he guessed and that dont hold up at all. well i think he was going 70mph. no way

Last edited by SOMWS62001; 07-26-2005 at 05:05 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 03:10 PM
TECH Resident

Dude this is either a joke or you are the most dense person I have ever encountered.
There is NO need to use radar. You were written a pace clocked ticket. End of Story.
If his car is calibrated and he articulates the neccesary facts it WILL stick.
He could have told you the sky was banana yellow that day in front of your "expert" witness, in court he will say what it takes to make the ticket stick.
From the beginning you seem to have missed quite a few key facts in everyones posts.
Police use unmarked cars in all shapes and sizes, they usually have them calibrated on a regular basis. How ridiculous would it be if this guy is doing car stops in his personal vehicle?? Yet you felt the need to go to a police station to verify this, after I told you this.
Police officers write tickets and know all the elements of the violation/crimes and have gone to court and made their mistakes and lost some in court.
If the officer that wrote you the ticket has some time under his belt you are going to fry. The traffic magistrate will find you guilty and make you pay court costs and send you to school. Give the magistrate/judge lip and they may have you arrested on the spot for contempt of court.
This is not about what really happened that day, it is about what you can prove.
Frankly you can't prove jack, and the honor roll stuff from highschool only comes in when you kill someone...LOL
We aren't trying to put you down, but instead help you since you asked.
If we wanted to screw with you we could have easily done that.
I think you got some good advice here and some so so advice.
But you need to realize that some people here are involved in city matters and know better then others.
Another thing, since you know so much, let me ask you a question...does an officer have to inform you that he has a video camera in his police vehicle marked or unmarked??
NO, because there is no expectation of privacy in that scenario. Which you already probably know falls under the 4th amendment
Pay the ticket or hire someone to respresent you...

Last edited by 30thanniv; 07-26-2005 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 04:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 30thanniv
Dude this is either a joke or you are the most dense person I have ever encountered.
There is NO need to use radar. You were written a pace clocked ticket. End of Story.
If his car is calibrated and he articulates the neccesary facts it WILL stick.
He could have told you the sky was banana yellow that day in front of your "expert" witness, in court he will say what it takes to make the ticket stick.
From the beginning you seem to have missed quite a few key facts in everyones posts.
Police use unmarked cars in all shapes and sizes, they usually have them calibrated on a regular basis. How ridiculous would it be if this guy is doing car stops in his personal vehicle?? Yet you felt the need to go to a police station to verify this, after I told you this.
Police officers write tickets and know all the elements of the violation/crimes and have gone to court and made their mistakes and lost some in court.
If the officer that wrote you the ticket has some time under his belt you are going to fry. The traffic magistrate will find you guilty and make you pay court costs and send you to school. Give the magistrate/judge lip and they may have you arrested on the spot for contempt of court.
This is not about what really happened that day, it is about what you can prove.
Frankly you can't prove jack, and the honor roll stuff from highschool only comes in when you kill someone...LOL
We aren't trying to put you down, but instead help you since you asked.
If we wanted to screw with you we could have easily done that.
I think you got some good advice here and some so so advice.
But you need to realize that some people here are involved in city matters and know better then others.
Another thing, since you know so much, let me ask you a question...does an officer have to inform you that he has a video camera in his police vehicle marked or unmarked??
NO, because there is no expectation of privacy in that scenario. Which you already probably know falls under the 4th amendment
Pay the ticket or hire someone to respresent you...
its real bad when you cant read the whole thing. i was paced at 45mph for 2/10ths of a mile in a 45mph zone. and how does he get me at 70mph? he would need to pace me at 70mph to get me doing 70mph right? and i have seen unmarked cars pull cars over. if there was one why didnt it pull me over? and if there was a camera that would show i was doing 45mph for the 2/10ths of a mile. and i did speak to a lawyer today and they said there are no grounds for this ticket because i was paced at 45mph and no radar used. this is coming from a traffic lawer. and i do appreciate any info on this but some seem to say just pay the ticket even if i know i was not speeding. and this calibrated speedo would be in my favor because he said (the cop) he paced me at 45mph. is that easy or should i type it in crayon

Last edited by SOMWS62001; 07-26-2005 at 05:09 PM.
Old 07-26-2005, 07:29 PM
TECH Junkie

That's it, you just earned the crying train

Old 07-26-2005, 08:20 PM
TECH Resident

Dude I honestly feel sorry for you. Good luck....
Old 07-27-2005, 08:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

Why don't you just go to court and tell us how it turns out. Not that you would tell us if you lost. But whatever...
Old 07-27-2005, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

im going to take it to court and i will tell you eather way. even if i lost or win. but to bring another point. the officer is just guesting on how fast i was going so at old winter garden road he said he visualy estimated my speed. so he's saying i think he's going 70 or your guess is good as mine. i dont know. it looked fast. I HAVE NOTHING TO HIDE AND IM BEING TOTALY HONEST WITH ALL OF YOU.
Old 07-27-2005, 01:52 PM
TECH Resident

In his professional experience and training, which I am sure he holds certificates from an accredited training facility, he visually estimated your speed. That will hold water in court dude, sorry. It is what he does for a living, your guess is not as good as his.
To reiterate it is not about what really happened that day, it is ALL about what you can prove, you can't prove a thing.
I am not calling you a liar, its the way the system is.
You think you have an open and shut case, but you don't.
If you fight it, you may win I have seen it happen. But I have also seen people lose and the outcome wasn't pretty. Not to put you down, but you need help in court, so hire someone.
Old 07-27-2005, 09:46 PM
Launching!

When you take this to court, good luck! Be sure to post the outcome!

Quick Reply: need your advice