Florida Members Fun, sun and LS1's

Gator Fans

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007 | 02:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

i would like to see Oden stay out of fowl trouble. but teh gators will go right at him. IMO it will be by far his biggest challenge of the year (and his last college game)

what i love about this the most is the differences in the teams. you have the Gators who are made up of a bunch of college athletes that stayed for the love of the game and the university. they could have gone to the pros and made big bucks. none left early and have come together incredibly as a team, even amongst the big egos.

then you have the buckeyes. a team comprised of young big recruits with no experience in big tourney games......but they are now the underdog and are hungry to prove themselves

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 04-01-2007 at 06:12 PM.
Old 04-01-2007 | 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think OSU is better off with him on the bench... He is a great player, but they were a great team without him, and kicked *** when he was on the bench last night.....
Old 04-01-2007 | 06:12 PM
10 Second Club

I think OSU is good with and without him. I've been watching them grow as a team all year and they have come along nicely. Will they beat UF?? No one knows either way, you can say you have a hunch or are rooting for your team. But it's a 50/50 shot. I think it will be funny if the Buckeyes win because the haters will be speechless. If the Buckeyes lose, well they are supposed to right??? I mean UF has exp and are the defending champs.
Old 04-01-2007 | 06:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

andy you get caught up in this "gator hater" thing too much. you let it bother you. root for your team and hope for the best. hope for a good game.
Old 04-01-2007 | 06:22 PM
10 Second Club

I see it quite the oppisite John, most get caught up in the game as if it has a history and all. I truly do not see it that way. I am happy my team made it this far. The only thing that bothers me is ignorance of SOME Gators fans. I've shared some stories with you and you know how outrageous they are. But I'm gonna guess most are bandwagon fans IMO. I have never seen a team win and have their fans butt hurt? LOL . I am not mad at the U after the 02 game, in fact that is one of my fav memories as a Buckeye fan. I do not hate the team called the Gators but the majority of their supporters are less than desirable people IMO. On the other hand I have several friends that are Gator fans and are truly great and good people.
Old 04-01-2007 | 09:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

andy if you think that most gator fans are less than desirable people....

then you are just looking at things the way YOU want to see them. you are never going to get over this. you stay angry and keep brining up stories of stupid people that get into arguments with you. the exact same can ABSOLUTELY be said about many many other teams...including THE ohio state university.

you just happen to live in the state of florida and its a great time to be a florida gator (or a gator fan). you then open yourself up to an arguement (which you enjoy) when you come into either a FL forum or an area where there are many FL fans (duh, you live 2 hours away from gainesville).

go post this **** up in the TX forum, midwest forum, or any other forum other than this florida forum. you wont find many people that give a **** about this game.

you are just looking for an arguement and find people that easily fall for it. why bother bro? why bother wasting your time. i laugh at haters and dont care b/c they are ignorant. their own ignorance is enough for me to not even say anything back to. i am a fan and love my school. its as simple as that. the idiots are just that. idiots. they dont represent the majority. i have lived in FL far longer than you have andy. and i have seen the good and the terrible times for the gators.

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 04-01-2007 at 09:28 PM.
Old 04-01-2007 | 09:24 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by 97blkz
OK, so far you and Gator get my knowledgeable and cool Gator fan award, lol! By the way Gator and I sat in a OSU alum bar yesterday and watched both games and had fun. I did have to fend off a few rabid OSU fans from him and his wife though.
Thanks for the props man. I come from the school (no pun intended) of not talking up a big game. Let your game (or in this case the team you root for) do the talking. Everyone isn't supposed to like the same team, and that's a good thing I guess. Unless you like the seminoles (sorry I had too)

I can't imagine John and spouse getting in trouble with OSU people!
Old 04-02-2007 | 07:23 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Villain281H

I can't imagine John and spouse getting in trouble with OSU people!
it didnt bother me or wife to head into the OSU alum bar one bit to watch the game. we have a great time and as long as we are around some florida fans, its a great time! being in the state of florida, there are always some UF fans
Old 04-02-2007 | 08:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

hmmm

i really hope no one's playing the "underdog OSU" card....both teams have a 50/50 shot at this...

being told your going to get beat by 20+ in a football championship...thats when you can play a underdog card....

not when your point guard is up for a whole bunch of trophies and you've supposedly got the best center in the league...

i think it's going to be a good game....but either way...my number one focus was the football team....
Old 04-02-2007 | 01:53 PM
10 Second Club

You got me all wrong John, I love talking sports, period! Your view is different of me. Ask Seagraves if I tried to argue with him at all during the TN games? I hate ignorance and I tend to shove **** back at **** talkers, sorry I will not just sit their and be belittled because I am a OSU fan in FL. You have been here longer but a decade of being in FL paints it pretty clear to me. When the canes beat us in the past I never had people off the streets tracking me down to start, only gator fans have done this. The only place I've seen this is when I visited Detriot. They seem to hate OSU for some odd reason? So John, please stop playing the "I hate" card and take a long look at some of your peers, when the last time I started anything? But if I post one thing its attack mode, that's fine but expect it back gents. Does it because you joined me at BW3 an OSU alum bar that all Buckeye fans should have the right to start being a dick to you? I know you do not believe that so whys it different here? I just want to talk sports and may the better team win(which does not always happen, OSU has a shot). And John why do you take waht I say so personal, you know what I really think and when I'm razzng back by now. Hell if I wanted 99% positive banter I'd go to a Buckeye site, god knows they have em. All is good the Buckeyes made the most $$$ from their athletic Dpt and that means more scouting and better recriuting.
Old 04-02-2007 | 02:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

*cough* PM *cough*
Old 04-02-2007 | 03:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

I dont care who wins, as long as our coach is available for comments Wed morning as scheduled, we will be fine.....
Old 04-02-2007 | 03:46 PM
Restricted User

Originally Posted by 97blkz
But I'm gonna guess most are bandwagon fans IMO.
IMO.....i think Gator hit the nail right on the head when it comes to you. the thread is called "Gator Fans".

next time you are up around Jacksonville, stop into Gators Dockside or Box Seats on the westside of town and let us all know how you feel about things. i have a few bandwagon fans i would like you to meet.

Last edited by WS6nJAX; 04-02-2007 at 03:59 PM.
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

Good luck today guys. Regardless of who you are rooting for, let's cheer on our kids to a great finish to an amazing season. UF has had a great 2 years with your current squad and I couldn't be happier with our young freshmen that came to tOSU this season. Hopefully everyone remains healthy for the entire game and that it's one filled with highlights that will be remembered for quite some time.
Old 04-02-2007 | 04:15 PM
TECH Senior Member

well i guess it game day. lets see who shows up to play. its gonna be great. win or lose, both teams had an incredible year. that, no one can argue against!
Old 04-02-2007 | 05:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX
IMO.....i think Gator hit the nail right on the head when it comes to you. the thread is called "Gator Fans".

next time you are up around Jacksonville, stop into Gators Dockside or Box Seats on the westside of town and let us all know how you feel about things. i have a few bandwagon fans i would like you to meet.
i love this old man.....

westside === :
Old 04-02-2007 | 05:45 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
well i guess it game day. lets see who shows up to play. its gonna be great. win or lose, both teams had an incredible year. that, no one can argue against!
WERD!

LOL @ Thad Matta today. He was asked what he thought about the kids from UF coming back to get another shot a the title for back to back and if he thought we'd see something like this again? His response "hopefully next year".
Old 04-02-2007 | 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WS6nJAX

Sure, if you hit the Dead Schembechlers concert with me in C-bus wearing your Gators gear first.
Old 04-02-2007 | 07:28 PM
Restricted User

thats not a problem grasshopper. thats the difference between your gereration and mine. old bandwagon guys like me say what we mean and mean what we say. i'll just stop by cinci, pay my respects to my g-ma, g-pa and father who are laid to rest there, grab a few cousins and we will make a party out of it. i always have a good time in ohio, even in my Gator stuff.

you see i have this old saying.....dont **** where you eat. my example- dont take your g/f to a place you might take your wife. your example- dont talk crap about a team and the people who follow it, in a thread that was started for that particular team. like it or not, some folks are gonna take things said personally.

there is no way i would go into the ohio section and say some of the things you have said here. i have to much respect for folks i know up there. thats why i would have no problem heading north my ls1 friend. i have not said anything to **** anyone off. except maybe you. then again, this is all just my opinion, but you know what they say about opinions......they are just like ***-holes.....everybody's got one. GO GATORS!!!

Last edited by WS6nJAX; 04-02-2007 at 07:40 PM.
Old 04-02-2007 | 07:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

WS6nJax - i will agree with you on one part. i would never come into a "go buckeyes" thread other than to say "go gators" with a smiley - just out of respect. if they talked junk on the gators in a buckeye thread, no problem. i wouldnt take it personal. i would consider the source and not read/respond to it. but that is just me. last weekend i was at BW3 (the osu alum bar). there were a ton of OSU fans there. no need for me to talk junk or say anything. i just enjoyed the game. defending champs dont have to talk junk but in the end its buckeye fans choice to come into this thread. its an open thread. just expect it to not be pretty if you dont agree with where the thread direction is heading

its no different than going on svtperformance and talking anything not ford mod motor. ofcourse you will take heat. and justifiably so. are they all or the majority ********? no.

in any event.

Last edited by gator's 99TA; 04-02-2007 at 09:17 PM.